I am often asked what to do if you can't remember your dreams. It can be frustrating to know that you had a dream, but you can't quite put your finger on what it was.
The good news is that there are several ways we can improve dream recall, including:
- Be sure and get at least 8 hours of sleep per night.
- Awaken naturally, not to a loud alarm clock.
- Put paper and pen beside your bed so that you can write down whatever you remember immediately upon awakening.
- If you have not honored your dreams in the past, repent for that and ask Holy Spirit to remind you of your dreams, purposing in your heart to honor them.
- Before you fall asleep ask God for dreams in faith, expectantly believing He will speak to you and give you His revelation in the night.
- If you only remember a small portion of your dream, just write down that one thing and pray into it, asking God to show you the meaning.
- Pray in tongues as you awaken, as that will help you stay tuned in to your spirit.
I was in Pittsburgh this week for a live TV interview with Cornerstone Network and this very question came up. Check out our conversation about how to remember dreams, "dream friendly" alarm clocks and more.
We also discussed how the baptism of the Holy Spirit empowers us to see into the supernatural realm and how that plays out in our everyday world as we live tuned into the frequency of heaven.
This article originally appeared at cwgministries.org.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Subscribe to Charisma and join a family of believers that enjoy God's presence and operate in the gifts and the fruits of the Spirit. Live your life in the Spirit!
Woman of God, you are anointed. Step into your destiny and live a life of boldness, power and strength. Get the Anointing Bundle plus 2 Free Gifts. Learn More.
Learn to hear God speak, encounter the Holy Spirit, and soak in His presence. Order the Holy Spirit Series for you and get a FREE set for a friend. View Special Offer.