"History has never recorded greater treachery nor more profound treason than that engineered by Lucifer and ... his counterfeit christ."
If treachery were obvious, it would not be so treacherous. Treachery becomes profound betrayal because it is perceived initially as dependable truth that can be trusted. We must attempt to trace the trajectory of the global trust generated by the counterfeit christ. Can the pattern of the development and establishment of such a global trust be identified before betrayal becomes irreversible, commandeering all in its global sphere to eternal damnation?
The Counterfeit's Camouflage
As with all counterfeits, the false will appear ever so real. In our current world, our very wills have been enculturated to embrace the false as a less costly alternative to the demands of the real.
The prophetic book of Daniel is perhaps the clearest and most concise expression of the character of the coming counterfeit. What does Daniel reveal about the beast surrogate of Satan that might make him attractive to the majority of mankind?
1.He will speak "great things" (Dan. 7:8). This imposter will speak in such a way that he almost miraculously commands the attention of the entire world. His speech will be both powerful and persuasive to a world yearning for peace and unity.
2. "His power shall be mighty" (Dan. 8:24a). His rise to power will be extremely convincing that he is a voice to be reckoned with and to be given unusual credence.
3. "He shall cause deceit to succeed" (Dan. 8:25). People are prone to gravitate toward those who seem particularly crafty, especially in the world of politics and political intrigue.
4. "He shall come in peaceably" (Dan. 11:21, 24). When the world is in political and religious turmoil, the people look expectantly for a grand peacemaker. As a European leader once reportedly said, "Send us such a man and be he god or devil, we will receive him."
5. "By peace [he] shall destroy many" (Dan. 8:25, KJV). Who will not embrace the promise of peace when the world is facing unprecedented explosion? Almost any sacrifice—even of human life of a perceived minority—will be deemed worth the promise. The world, Israel and many professing Christians, having rejected (whether in whole or in part) God's Prince of Peace will be ready to embrace the false as if he were real.
6. He will "obtain the kingdom by flatteries" (Dan. 11:21, MEV). Politicians, indeed many pastors, unfortunately thrive on flattery, only telling people what they want to hear. The apostle Paul strongly warned of this form of spiritual seduction. In describing the perilous times of these last days, he spoke of those who "... after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears" (2 Tim. 4:3, KJV). The nature of such promotional flattery in this world is not difficult to comprehend, but "a flattering mouth worketh ruin" (Prov. 26:28).
From Favor to Flagrant Flaunting
The world will confer upon this imposter-savior a level of near absolute trust as if he and his empire were an absolute monarchy. He will receive near total deference from world rulers and governors who will be conscripted without resistance to do his will for what will be perceived as the best interests of the planet. Consider well this trajectory to treachery.
This man, in whom Satan has invested himself to become like God, will stride pompously into a rebuilt temple and declare himself God (2 Thess. 2:4) on the very Mount of God, the Temple Mount.
From Treachery to Great Tribulation
History has never recorded greater treachery nor more profound treason than that engineered by Satan, through the beast empire and his counterfeit christ. The vision of this treasonous trajectory and the carnage of the confrontation between the imposter and Christ was unimaginable to Daniel and caused him to faint and be sick for days (Dan. 8:27).
It behooves us, then, to carefully consider how this ultimate conflict of kingdoms will connect with the life of professing Christians. It will compel us to confront truths one might rather not hear yet must.
Grasp the complete picture in my book Antichrist: How to Identify the Coming Imposter on our website saveus.org and by listening to this episode, The Trajectory of Treachery on the VIEWPOINT podcast on Charisma Podcast Network.
Chuck Crismier is an author, pastor, former trial attorney, president of SAVE AMERICA Ministries and host of the VIEWPOINT podcast on Charisma Podcast Network. Visit his website at saveus.org.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.