One of the things Jesus did was take all emotional upheaval and wounds in your place. His unfailing love and perfect work empowers your freedom. You must not and cannot get trapped in condemnation and self-righteousness. Having a strong understanding of God's grace and goodness will empower your recovery.
Part of maturing in the new nature is accessing new ways of thinking. The Word of God becomes the road map to proper thinking and therefore opens the gateways to kingdom living. Once you think differently, you live differently. Renewing the mind is not a single-step process but a journey of continual change, growth and renewal.
Here is a list of 10 types of damaged souls, their symptoms and Scripture passages to renew your mind and put you on the path toward proper thinking.
- Conflicted soul: Unable to make rational decisions, tossed to and fro, highly unstable and overly emotional
"A sound mind makes for a robust body, but runaway emotions corrode the bones" (Prov. 14:30, MSG).
- Tormented soul: High levels of accusation, fear of punishment, dread over past mistakes, a heavy lack of peace
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit" (Rom. 8:1).
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will protect your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:7).
- Fearful soul: Fearful and anxious on a regular basis, unable to do certain activities because of abnormal levels of fear
"For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and self-control" (2 Tim. 1:7).
"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. Whoever fears is not perfect in love" (1 John 4:18).
- Anxious soul: Nervous and easily panicked, a void of peace and rest, anxiety attacks and bouts with a racing heart and/or heavy breathing
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with gratitude, make your requests known to God" (Phil. 4:6).
- Rejected soul: Easily offended and continually needing unnatural levels of affirmation
"If my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me in" (Ps. 27:10).
"All whom the Father gives Me will come to Me, and he who comes to Me I will never cast out" (John 6:37).
- Weary soul: Tired and frustrated, a lack of flow in the Spirit, feeling frustrated and assuming that kingdom works will not produce promised harvest
"For I satiate the weary souls and I replenish every languishing soul" (Jer. 31:25).
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me. For I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls" (Matt. 11:28-29).
- Offended soul: Holding grudges and refusing to let go of past wrongs; this type of emotional wound is yoked to a spirit of bitterness and infirmity that can manifest in various crippling illnesses
"Bear with one another and forgive one another. If anyone has a quarrel against anyone, even as Christ forgave you, so you must do" (Col. 3:13).
"Pursue peace with all men, and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord, watching diligently so that no one falls short of the grace of God, lest any root of bitterness spring up to cause trouble, and many become defiled by it" (Heb. 12:14-15).
- Lost soul—Vagabond mentality, refusing to be established in the Word of God and the will of God
"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scorners; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season; its leaf will not wither, and whatever he does will prosper" (Ps. 1:1-3).
9.Wounded soul: Enduring hurts and long-term wounds; this creates a toxic mental environment that sees everything in a negative light
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake" (Ps. 23:1-3).
"The Lord ... gathers together the outcasts of Israel. He heals the broken in heart, and binds up their wounds" (Ps. 147:2-3).
- Confused soul: Vacillating between ideas, unsure of identity, lacking clarity; not resolute and firm in thought, decision or direction
"The steps of a man are made firm by the Lord; He delights in his way" (Ps. 37:2-3).
Ryan LeStrange is an apostolic and prophetic revolutionary, laboring to see global awakening He is the founder and apostolic leader of a global network of ministries known as TRIBE Apostolic Network. He is the senior leader of the iHub movement, planting and overseeing a network of governing churches, apostolic hubs, and revival hubs Ryan is also a real estate investor who is active in the business arena. Ryan is an accomplished author. His latest release is titled Hell's Toxic Trio. Ryan and his wife, Joy, have one son, Joshua, and currently reside in Virginia.
Connect with God in a deeper way as you read His Word. Select Bibles are now 50% OFF plus Free Shipping and a Free Gift. Show me the Bibles!
Encounter the Holy Spirit and develop a relationship that saturates you in His peace, love and joy. Explore the Life in the Spirit Series.
FREE GIFT! Download Pastor Bill Johnson's 40-page mini eBook, The War In Your Head, and unlock your supernatural lifestyle. CLICK HERE