Many Israelites missed their intended destiny of arriving at the promised land because they repeatedly tempted God in the wilderness. Below are the 12 ways they tempted God (Num. 14:22). These are the things you do not want to do:
- Crave evil things and complain about God's provision (1 Cor. 10:6; Num. 11:4, 34).
- Commit idolatry, trusting things other than God (1 Cor. 10:7; Ex. 32:4-7).
- Commit immorality (1 Cor. 10:8; Ex. 25:1).
- Don't trust God in the midst of adversity (1 Cor. 10:9; Num. 21:5 and following).
- Grumble against authority (1 Cor.10:10; Ex. 16:2-8).
- Quit short of the goal, rather than pressing on (Num. 32:1-7).
- Co-exist with the enemy, rather than driving it out (Num. 33:55).
- Not obey God's voice (Joshua 7:24,25; 22:20; 7:1,5).
- Speak negative words (Ex. 16:3).
- Don't seek God's voice for every step (Ex. 23:20-33; Josh. 9:1-27, especially verse 14).
- Don't unite faith with the promise of God (Num.13:32-14:4).
- Fight using your own strength (Num. 14:41-45).
These are examples to us so we do not commit the same sins (1 Cor. 10:11). Repent as necessary and receive Jesus' cleansing blood to wash away all sin. Then, walk in righteousness, so God's glorious purposes and plans for you may be realized.
May you experience His best blessings and destiny in every area of your life!
Mark Virkler, Ph.D., has authored more than 50 books in the areas of hearing God's voice and spiritual growth. He is the founder of Communion With God Ministries and Christian Leadership University (cluonline.com), where the voice of God is at the center of every learning experience. Mark has taught on developing intimacy with God and spiritual healing for 30-plus years on six continents. The message has been translated into over 40 languages, and he has helped to establish more than 250 church-centered Bible schools around the world.
This article originally appeared at cwgministries.org.
Connect with God in a deeper way as you read His Word. Select Bibles are now 50% OFF plus Free Shipping and a Free Gift. Show me the Bibles!
Encounter the Holy Spirit and develop a relationship that saturates you in His peace, love and joy. Explore the Life in the Spirit Series.
FREE GIFT! Download Pastor Bill Johnson's 40-page mini eBook, The War In Your Head, and unlock your supernatural lifestyle. CLICK HERE