If you recognize any of these seven signs in your life, you may have a poverty mentality:
1. You require your close friends to have an exclusive relationship with you. You get jealous when they have a relationship with anyone else. Why? You fear they will like them instead of you.
2. You assign negative motives to people who are prosperous, famous or powerful. Why? You probably are jealous of them, so you reduce them in your mind by building a case against them.
3. You are jealous of people who have more than you have. Why? You don't understand that in God's world there is always more than enough. Therefore, somebody else's prosperity doesn't reduce God's ability to prosper you!
4. You find a problem with every opportunity and are terrified of taking risks. Why? You don't know that God wants to bless you, or you don't feel worthy of His abundance.
5. You always feel like something is about to go wrong. In fact, when you are having a good day, you feel like a bad day is coming. Why? You have probably invited a foreboding spirit into your life. Foreboding means an impending sense of doom.
6. You live in shame. Guilt says I did something wrong, but shame says I am something wrong. Why? You don't love yourself and you don't understand the love of the Father!
7. You feel like a powerless victim. Life feels like it is happening to you. You often imagine yourself as a child in a grown-up world. Why? You aren't convinced of your nobility. You haven't come to grips with the fact that you are more than a conqueror!
For more on this subject, check out my book Supernatural Ways of Royalty.
Do you experience any of these signs in your life? Tell me about it in the comments below.
Kris Vallotton is the senior associate leader of Bethel Church in Redding, California, and co-founder of Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry (BSSM). Kris travels internationally, training and equipping people to successfully fulfill their divine purpose. He's a best-selling author, having written more than a dozen books and training manuals to help prepare believers for life in the kingdom. He has a diverse background in business, counseling, consulting, pastoring and teaching, which gives him unique leadership insights and perspectives. Kris has a passion to use his experience and his prophetic gift to assist world leaders in achieving their goals and accomplishing their mission.
For the original article, visit krisvallotton.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!