I received a word from the Lord for the body of Christ:
The enemy has attacked the body of Christ with a spirit of grief. A spirit of grief can gain an inroad, not just after the death of a loved one, but also from:
- A series of disappointments
- Your heart broken repeatedly
- The death of a dream from life taking an unexpected direction
- A shattered relationship
- Your heart being battered and bruised from repeated attacks from the enemy
- Anguish over long-term problems
- A myriad of other discouraging, devastating and damaging life events
The enemy attacks with a spirit of grief in order to take the fight out of us. If he can steal our joy, he can steal our fight. If this is you, get alone with God today and:
1. Bind the spirit of grief, commanding it to loose its hold from you
2. Ask the Lord to reach His healing hand into your spiritual heart and perform spiritual heart surgery—healing open wounds, smoothing over scar tissue, softening the hardened places of your heart, tearing down walls that you have built to protect yourself from future hurts, extracting any bitterness that is in your heart
3. Ask God to restore the joy of your salvation and give you joy unspeakable!
"He heals the broken in heart, and binds up their wounds" (Psalm 147:3, MEV).
Jamie Morgan is pastor of Life Church (Assemblies of God) and the Life House of Prayer (24/7 prayer). She graduated with her Master of Arts in Practical Theology from Oral Roberts University and is pursuing her Doctor of Ministry at the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.