Everyone is going to die someday, but not everyone really lives. You can't add days to your life, but you can add life to your days.
Here are five things that rob us of a better quality of life:
1. The fear of failure. Ask yourself the question: if I was ten times bolder, what would I do? If the answer is any different than what you are doing now, then you have reduced your life to accommodate your fear!
If you try something new, there is a chance you could fail. But if you don't try it, there is a 100 percent chance that you will fail.
2. Regret. This emotion is like driving a car while staring into your rear view mirror. Your past mistakes are either steppingstones or stumbling blocks; you get to decide.
If they made you a better person, taught you how to do get it right, and/or brought you closer to God, then they were steppingstones. But, if they stole your identity, robbed your courage, and/or destroyed your passion for life, then they are stumbling blocks.
Here is a hint—you are better than your worst day.
3. Unforgiveness. This is a serial killer! It has destroyed more lives than all the soldiers lost in battle in every war on the earth combined.
Jesus died for all your sins. When you refuse to forgive others, you nullify the power of the cross in your life.
Soon bitterness, hatred, and murder begin to seep into your heart and rot your soul from the inside out!
You only have to look as far as the latest shooting to perceive the ultimate purpose of unforgiveness.
4. Shame. Shame says I am unworthy of love because I don't measure up. I am not good enough, pretty enough, smart enough, spiritual enough, rich enough, sexy enough, etc., to be worthy of love. That is all a bunch of bunk. You were made in the image and likeness of God Himself. You are His most amazing creation and that's the truth.
5. Self pity. This is a bottomless hellhole that couldn't be filled with a million dump trucks. It zaps every bit of life out of a room, kills anything positive in a relationship and destroys everything it comes in contact with.
It will rob you of your dreams, steal your joy, and perpetuate your pain. If you know Jesus, then you have power over all these attitudes because He came to give you abundant life!
What are some things that you have overcome so that you could really live?
Kris Vallotton is the senior associate leader of Bethel Church in Redding, California, and co-founder of Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry (BSSM). Kris travels internationally training and equipping people to successfully fulfill their divine purpose. He's a best-selling author, having written more than a dozen books and training manuals to help prepare believers for life in the kingdom. He has a diverse background in business, counseling, consulting, pastoring and teaching, which gives him unique leadership insights and perspectives. Kris has a passion to use his experience and his prophetic gift to assist world leaders in achieving their goals and accomplishing their mission.
For the original article, visit krisvallotton.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.