A life modeled after Jesus is hands down the greatest life one could ever live. And while a life apart from Christ may be filled with many toils and regrets, there are many things you will never regret doing when it comes to life as a believer:
1. Praying (1 Thess. 5:17). Prayer brings is closer to God, His love and His sovereignty. When we pray, we are in direct communication with the one who created us. Praying may not always be easy, but it's something that's always worth it.
2. Giving your life to Christ (Rom. 12:1). I cannot recall anyone who has ever regretted encountering the love, grace and almighty purpose of Jesus Christ in their life. It's something this world cannot offer.
3. Reading your Bible (Ps. 119:105). God's Word is a life-source for the soul. And while we read the Bible to learn more about God, His direction and our purpose in life, God's presence within our lives will continue to grow stronger.
4. Putting others before yourself (Phil. 2:3). Humility is key. No one in their right mind has ever regretted finding a sense of humility in their life. Seeking after Jesus will continuously chip away our pride, and, in turn, teach us to put our neighbors before ourselves, as well as think of ourselves less.
5. Loving your neighbor (Mark 12:31). We love because God first loved us. Jesus' sacrifice on the cross is the definition of love itself, and our calling as Christ followers is to love our neighbors, no matter the circumstance. Many people have regretted ignoring their neighbors, but nobody has ever regretted loving them.
6. Extending grace (Matt. 6:15). None of us deserve God's grace but He continues to showcase it anyway. We are broken, messed up and jacked up people, but because of grace we are free from the bondage of our past. Extending grace to others will free us just as much as we think it will bring them peace.
7. Allowing God to guide you/having faith (Prov. 3:6). You won't regret allowing God to guide you. Why? Because God's plan in life is for you to embrace His will, trust His promises and fulfill the calling of the Great Commission. Following God's guidance isn't always easy, but it's definitely always worth it.
8. Resisting temptation (James 4:7). Temptation will lead you down a path contrary to that of God himself. As Christians we are called to flee temptation, and instead pursue the path that Jesus has laid out before us. Temptation leads to sin, and sin always leads to regret.
9. Taking refuge in the arms of God (Ps. 118:8). God is our protector, comfort and shield in times of need. The arms of God are a refuge for those who need it, and relying on his strength is something you will never regret doing. Take comfort in the arms of God, and understand that there is no safer place to be.
10. Abstaining from sexual impurity (1 Cor. 6:18). Purity paves the way to intimacy. And although our culture has turned sex and promiscuity into a hobby, God's yearning for our lives in and out of marriage is sexual purity and abstinence from extramarital relations. Watching porn, having sex before marriage, and engaging in relationships outside of one's marriage are all things you will regret in the long run.
Stay focused on God's plan for your life.
Jarrid Wilson is a husband, pastor and author relentlessly sharing the love of Jesus. For the original article, visit jarridwilson.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.