This morning when I awoke, I heard the Lord speak to my heart, "Are you through with being intimidated by the coronavirus? Are you ready for peace to be back in your home?"
I said, "Lord, I do believe I have allowed this to consume us. Our home is not walking by faith. How do I fix this?"
Here are five things He told me:
- Turn off TV! The 24-hour news cycle reminds us every day the world is doomed. We must quit paying them to defeat our faith. The airwaves in your home will disrupt your spiritual airway! "The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty has given me life" (Job 33:4). It is time to breathe again! God has got this! It's time to wait on the goodness of the Lord! "Fear corrodes our confidence in God's goodness."
"So why would I fear the future? For your goodness and love pursue me all the days of my life. Then afterward, when my life is through, I'll return to your glorious presence to be forever with you!" (Ps. 23:6, TPT).
- Turn worship music on in your home and speak peace and safety over your home.
"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You" (Isa. 26:3, MEV).
Worship restores God's heart to your dwelling. "Lord, how wonderful you are! You have stored up so many good things for us, like a treasure chest heaped up and spilling over with blessings—all for those who honor and worship you! Everybody knows what you can do for those who turn and hide themselves in you" (Ps. 31:19, TPT).
- Declare and speak Psalm 91 over your family, friends, church, city and finances. Especially declare, "He will rescue you from every hidden trap of the enemy, and he will protect you from false accusations and any deadly curse. His massive arms are wrapped around you, protecting you. You can run under his covering of majesty and hide. His arms of faithfulness are a shield keeping you from harm" (Ps. 91:3-4).
- Take back your God-given authority! Pray the prayer that apostle Paul prayed in Ephesians 1:18-23 (MEV): "[I pray] that the eyes of your understanding may be enlightened, that you may know what is the hope of His calling and what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance among the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power, which He performed in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principalities, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet and made Him the head over all things for the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all things in all ways."
- Go outside! Have fun as a family! Use this as a time of peace and solitude. Walk, run, dance, play and dream! "A merry heart does good like a medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones" (Prov. 17:22). Your family is watching you! Be the spiritual thermostat. "You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand there are pleasures for evermore" (Ps. 16:11).
Soon this will pass. You, with a smile on your face, will be able to say, "I knew that God could handle this! He is faithful!"
Pat Schatzline is a leading international evangelist and author. He and his wife, Karen, co-founded Remnant Ministries International.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.