There are many reasons to celebrate Christmas and the Advent of Christ. One of the best reasons for us is the celebration of how God kept His promises about sending Christ to Earth:
- God promised Adam and Eve He would be born miraculously to a virgin (Gen 3:15), and He was.
- God promised Abraham that Christ would be a descendant of his (Gen 12:2), and He was.
- God promised Jacob that Christ would come from the line of his son Judah (Gen 49:10), and He did.
- God promised David that Christ would come from his line (2 Sam. 7:16), and He did.
- God told Micah that Christ would be born in Bethlehem (Mic. 5:2), and He was.
- God told Daniel when Jesus would begin His ministry 483 years after the decree to rebuild Jerusalem (Dan. 9:25), and He did, in A.D. 26.
- God told Isaiah where Christ would begin His ministry, in Galilee (Isa. 9:1), and He did.
There are over 300 of specific prophecies recorded about Jesus, His ministry and His resurrection. All have been fulfilled, giving us confidence that God's promises to us will also be fulfilled.
So as we gather to thank God for the greatest Christmas present of all, Jesus Christ, let us also rest secure in the knowledge that God can be trusted to keep all of His promises.
That trust is the source of our peace which passes understanding.
So have a merry, peaceful Christmas.
Ron Allen is a Christian businessman, CPA and author who serves in local, national and international ministries, spreading a message of reconciliation to God, to men and between believers. He is founder of the International Star Bible Society, telling how the heavens declare the glory of God; the Emancipation Network, which helps people escape from financial bondage; and co-founder with his wife, Pat, of Corporate Prayer Resources, dedicated to helping intercessors.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!