These "positional prayers" embody the kingdom attitudes of faith and gratitude which position me to receive God's miracle. The key ideas for this blog were presented to me by Kurt Green, a prophetic naturopath who is passionate to see people receive all God has for them. Pray these and feel the release. They can be prayed in moments.
Four Positional Prayers That Express Faith
- Forgiveness: I walk in God's love by forgiving everything against everyone (including myself) so I can be forgiven by God (Mark 11:26).
- Victory: I appropriate the gift of faith, knowing I already have the victory. Christ has already won the victory for me in every area (1 John 5:4).
- Thankfulness: I thank You, Lord, for Your faithfulness, mercy and love (Ps. 98:1).
- Rejoicing: My praise ordains strength, which silences the enemy (compare Matt. 21:16 with Ps. 8:2).
These positional prayers are entered into by statements of faith and require no other action or activity for them to remain active where God can move on our behalf and move in us. Only when we have fallen out of any of these positions, through grumbling, doubt or fear, do we make another profession of faith to bring us back in that position so we can continue to receive whatever God has for us. Obviously, we stay tuned to His voice concerning any acts of obedience He is asking us to take. Obedience not only releases His blessing (Deut. 28) but also may function to meet the needs of our bodies, souls or spirits.
Record in your journal God's answers to the following:
- Lord, how would You have me extend forgiveness?
- Lord, show me a vision of the victory already won.
- Thank you, Lord, for making my heart overflow with Your love, mercy and compassion toward all.
- Thank you, Lord, for Your deposit of faith that this victory is already completed.
- My heart overflows with gratitude, and I rejoice before Your throne worshipping You.
Mark Virkler, Ph.D., has authored more than 50 books in the areas of hearing God's voice and spiritual growth. He is the founder of Communion With God Ministries and Christian Leadership University (cluonline.com), where the voice of God is at the center of every learning experience. Mark has taught on developing intimacy with God and spiritual healing for 30-plus years on six continents. The message has been translated into over 40 languages, and he has helped to establish more than 250 church-centered Bible schools around the world.
This article originally appeared at cwgministries.org.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Subscribe to Charisma and join a family of believers that enjoy God's presence and operate in the gifts and the fruits of the Spirit. Live your life in the Spirit!
Woman of God, you are anointed. Step into your destiny and live a life of boldness, power and strength. Get the Anointing Bundle plus 2 Free Gifts. Learn More.
Learn to hear God speak, encounter the Holy Spirit, and soak in His presence. Order the Holy Spirit Series for you and get a FREE set for a friend. View Special Offer.