How will you pray for America in the month of November? Imagine what could happen if thousands across America and the world would unite in prayer for America over the same prayer priorities.
Whether you pray daily or weekly for our nation, please join us in praying with the authority of the Scriptures for these four priorities for America:
1. Appeal to God for the leaders of America to come together to provide strategic leadership in this hour.
"Therefore I exhort first of all that you make supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings for everyone, for kings and for all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceful life in all godliness and honesty" (1 Tim. 2:1-2).
- Father, we appeal to You for our president and vice president, members of his Cabinet, along with the members of both the House and the Senate to make decisions that will lead toward a more peaceful and orderly America.
- Lord, we also ask that these leaders would lead us to ways that more represent You and Your ways; including decisions that will lead toward the dignity and sanctity of all human life from conception until death.
- Lord God, may these leaders provide ways for our nation to be secure from terrorism inside and outside of the borders of America.
2. Ask God to provide discernment and wisdom for our leaders about these critical issues before America.
"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally and without criticism, and it will be given to him" (James 1:5).
- Give them wisdom about tax reform.
- Give them wisdom about North Korea.
- Give them wisdom about healthcare.
- Give them wisdom about immigration reform.
- Give them wisdom about Russia.
- Give them wisdom about racial tensions.
- Give them wisdom about how to assist those who are facing the challenges after the national disasters of hurricanes and wildfires.
- Give them wisdom over all national security issues.
- Give them wisdom to make laws and policies that preserves religious liberty and forwards the sanctity and dignity of all human life.
- Give them wisdom regarding the drug issues, especially regarding the opioid epidemic.
- Give us wisdom so that we may have the knowledge to work through these critical issues and pray for all in need.
- Generously give God's wisdom to all leaders and Americans.
3. Call out to God for all those in need right now in America.
"Blessed be God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble by the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God" (2 Cor. 1:3-4).
- Lord, bring comfort to those who lost loved ones in the attack in New York City.
- Lord Jesus, heal those who are recovering from the attack in New York City.
- Lord, bring comfort to those who lost loved ones in the shooting in Las Vegas.
- Father, heal those who are recovering from the shooting in Las Vegas.
- God, bring comfort to those who have lost loved ones through all of the hurricanes and wildfires.
- Lord Jesus, heal those who are recovering from injuries experienced in hurricanes and wildfires.
- Father, minister relief to all those who are recovering losses from their homes and businesses due to these disasters.
- Lord, give resources to all who are providing relief to those in need.
- Jesus, please comfort those who lost loved ones in the military and who worked as first responders.
- Father, please protect all those who are serving our nation as military and first responders across the world and within our nation.
4. Believe God with us as we move and work toward the 2018 National Day of Prayer on May 3, 2018.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you" (Matt. 7:7).
- Father, call thousands and thousands of people to lead observances of the National Day of Prayer in their communities.
- Lord, call thousands of pastors, churches and hundreds of denominations and ministries to lead observances of the National Day of Prayer in their communities.
- Lord Jesus, call thousands of leaders in our communities to lead observances of the National of Day of Prayer in their communities.
- Father, call thousands of leaders to lead observances of the National Day of Prayer in their businesses.
- Lord, move upon people from all over the country to support the National Day of Prayer on May 3, 2018, but also in prayer now and with the provision of resources to make this ministry happen financially.
- Father, give Dr. Ronnie Floyd and the staff team of the National Day of Prayer God's wisdom and power in all decision-making.
I appeal to each of you to have numerous people join you personally, in and through prayer ministries, as well as through your churches and denominations, in praying for America.
Dr. Ronnie Floyd is the senior pastor of Cross Church, president of the National Day of Prayer, founder of the Cross Church School of Ministry and host of the "Ronnie Floyd on Life and Leadership Today" podcast.
This article originally appeared at ronniefloyd.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Subscribe to Charisma and join a family of believers that enjoy God's presence and operate in the gifts and the fruits of the Spirit. Live your life in the Spirit!
Woman of God, you are anointed. Step into your destiny and live a life of boldness, power and strength. Get the Anointing Bundle plus 2 Free Gifts. Learn More.
Learn to hear God speak, encounter the Holy Spirit, and soak in His presence. Order the Holy Spirit Series for you and get a FREE set for a friend. View Special Offer.