On Aug. 21, 2017, the nation watched in awe as the great American eclipse made its way across the country. It was also the beginning of the Jewish repentance season of Teshuvah.
For us the eclipse was a sign of God's call to pray for repentance, Christian unity and healing our land. The symbolism of the eclipse, where the moon, representing the believers and the bride of Christ (Ps. 89:37), joins with the sun, symbolic of Christ the bridegroom (Ps. 19:4), calls to us to pray that the Church will be united in Christ. See our website www.Teshuvah 2017.com for more information.
During the second ten days of Teshuvah, from Sept.1 to Sept. 10, we will be praying for God's people and the healing of the broken body of Christ as God's people come together united in Christ.
- September 1: The blessings of unity (Ps. 133)
- September 2: Unity in Christ (John 17:20–22)
- September 3: Accepting our brothers (Rom. 15:5–7)
- September 4: Do not judge (Rom. 14:13, Luke 6:37–38)
- September 5: Divisions (1 Cor. 3:1–9)
- September 6: Evangelism through unity (John 17:23)
- September 7: Watchmen warnings (Ezek. 33)
- September 8: Appealing to all (1 Cor. 9:27)
- September 9: Salvation for Israel (Rom. 11:11–32)
- September 10: Messianic Jews and the Toward Jerusalem Council II (Acts 15)
We are also asking Christians to act on their prayers by participating in interdenominational meetings to demonstrate visible unity. We ask you to consider one such meeting on Oct. 24-26, 2017, in Kansas City as we fan the embers of revival from the great charismatic interdenominational meeting of 1977 (See www.Kairos2017.com for more information).
Pray for healing the broken body of Christ, so the world will know Him (John 17:23).
Ron Allen is a Christian businessman, CPA and author who serves in local, national and international ministries, spreading a message of reconciliation to God, to men and between believers. He is founder of the International Star Bible Society, telling how the heavens declare the glory of God; the Emancipation Network, which helps people escape from financial bondage; and co-founder with his wife, Pat, of Corporate Prayer Resources, dedicated to helping intercessors.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!