These prayer points come from one of our partners on the ground in the Arab world, a Christian and former Muslim.
Ramadan, the fasting month in Islam, began Friday in most countries. Please remember to pray for Muslims to see the light of Jesus and for new believers to stand strong against all challenges they face during this month.
Muslims believe that the Quran was given as a revelation during this month. They believe that evil spirits are bound in this month. Thus, nearly everyone, including nominal Muslims, become faithful in the Muslim ritual prayers during Ramadan. They fast from the first light of dawn until sunset without eating or drinking anything all day.
Muslims believe these 30 days of Ramadan are divided into three parts:
- First 10 days: A time of forgiveness when Allah forgives sins.
- Second 10 days: A period of mercy when Allah shows his mercy to faithful Muslims.
- Third 10 days: A period of escape from hell when God delivers those who do Ramadan well.
Muslims try very hard to do the ritual prayers and fasting to obtain these rewards, doing many things only to go to heaven, but not out of a love for God.
The life of the believers in Christ is also greatly impacted during this month. Many believers live at home with their family who are Muslims. Thus, they cannot eat at home or at any public place. New believers in particular face many tribulations. For this reason, please pray for the following points:
- Believers to stand strong and boldly seize opportunities to share about God's love for them through Christ in a manner that Muslims can see their need for Him.
- New believers to have wisdom in responding to questions like "Are you fasting?" or "Why aren't you coming with us?" from friends, family and the community.
- Muslims to see that their works are insufficient for being made right before a Holy God.
- Muslims tuning in to our satellite programs to have a true thirst for God, to seek the truth, and to ask for God's forgiveness through Christ.
During Ramadan people often call our satellite channel to insult believers. Pray for those responding to these calls to be full of the Spirit and able to respond with boldness, without fear and full of Christ's love for them.
Thank you for your prayers.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!