Longevity in the assignment of God is every bit as important as tenacity. It is one thing to burn brightly but another thing to burn for a long time.
We have to ask ourselves: Is the fire I am carrying sustainable? That is a personal question as well as a corporate question.
When the Lord showed me Revival Hubs, I saw wells of revival with a continual flow. These were places that create a culture of revival, not "flash in the pan" types of encounters, but consistent, deep, cleansing flow of Holy Spirit in all of His glory. In our own personal lives we need to live with longevity in mind. This requires strategic planning and pursuit.
- Be intentional about resting your mind and body.
- Emphasize and prioritize family relationships.
- Build a close team of people who know you, love you, guard you and are brutally honest with you—even if it hurts.
- Absolutely prioritize and create a life built around personal devotion: daily prayer, worship and Word time!
- Cultivate an excellent spirit! Excel and build channels of excellence in your life and ministry.
- Excellence is not a gift of the Spirit! It is the result of knowledge, commitment, pursuit and diligence. It yields great results.
- Learn to live and walk by faith! Faith stands on the Word and believes God when there are no feelings.
- Focus on character development. So many times we only pursue the power, the big "wow" gifts and manifestations. I love these realms of God, but character, doing the right thing when it costs you something, is vital. Character will determine your longevity far above gifting.
- Run with people who are burning and have enduring fruit. Do not surround yourself with critical, negative people. Also, do not surround yourself with people who do not have good fruit, experience and wisdom.
- Keep growing! Don't get stagnant—stay in hot pursuit.
- Learn to take down time, natural activities and allow yourself to decompress.
- Be accountable to someone! This is vital.
- Build a lifestyle of transparency and personal holiness. Many people have been snared in a trap of temptation because they did not have walls of protection in their own lives. Through years of ministry, I have learned to create particular barriers and just avoid situations that could lead to trouble. This is not the ultimate answer; your heart being free is the ultimate answer. Avoiding the temptation altogether is an added layer of protection.
- Lastly, glean from others who have had longevity. Listen to their wisdom. Learn from them and be teachable.
God has not called you to launch like a rocket and then crash and burn in front of everyone! Whatever He has placed in your spirit has been put there to have lasting results and birth good fruit. He provides the gift, but you are the steward. Your gift will be greatly impacted by your character. Character takes time, focus and determination.
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith" (2 Tim. 4:7).
Ryan LeStrange started in ministry after training and serving under his spiritual father, Dr. Norvel Hayes. Ryan and his wife, Joy, lead Impact International Ministries based in Bristol, Virginia, which consists of several local churches and revival ministries. Through Ryan LeStrange Ministries, he travels the globe preaching, igniting revival and moving in the power of God. Ryan can be seen weekly on his television program, Power 4 Today, airing around the world on GodTV. He is the founder and apostle of Impact International Apostolic Fellowship, networking and fathering ministers around the world. Ryan has written several books releasing an apostolic and prophetic perspective to the body of Christ.
For the original article, visit ryanlestrange.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!