There are so many terrible things occupying the headlines these days, it can be hard to wrap your head around them. When will the madness end?
The people who lived in Bible times were no strangers to atrocity. But many were also well acquainted with the character of God—a loving, protecting Father quick to console His people. He comforted them then and comforts us now.
Take a few moments to soak in these passages of Scripture and let them sustain you in the days ahead.
1. Psalm 27:1 – "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom will I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom will I be afraid?"
2. Deuteronomy 31:8 – "The Lord, He goes before you. He will be with you. He will not fail you nor forsake you. Do not fear, nor be dismayed."
3. Psalm 23:4 – "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
4. Job 5:11 – "He sets on high those who are lowly, and those who mourn are lifted to safety."
5. Lamentations 3:22-23 – "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed; His compassions do not fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."
6. John 14:27 – "Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
7. Psalm 46:1 – "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."
8. 2 Corinthians 1:3 – "Blessed be God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort."
9. Psalm 119:76 – "Let your merciful kindness comfort me according to Your word to your servant."
10. John 16:33 – "I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But be of good cheer. I have overcome the world."
11. Psalm 139:11-12 – "If I say, 'Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light shall be as night about me,' even the darkness is not dark to You, but the night shines as the day, for darkness is like light to you."
12. Isaiah 49:13 – "Sing, O heavens! And be joyful, O earth! And break forth into singing, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted His people and will have mercy on His afflicted."
13. Matthew 5:4 – "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."
14. Psalm 55:22 – "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be moved."
15. Romans 8:37-39 – "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities nor powers, neither things present nor things to come, neither height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Do you have the complete comfort that comes only from knowing Jesus Christ? Begin your life with Him today.
For the original article, visit billygraham.org.
Deborah, Esther and Anna carried a profound anointing. Become a Godly woman of boldness, power and strength. Get the Anointing Bundle.
The Holy Spirit wants to lead you into a deeper, more intimate experience with God. Everything changes in His presence. Enter His Presence.
Summer Reading Bundles + FREE GIFTS! These bundles include prophecy, health, prayer, and the supernatural. Grab your Favorite.