We’re seeing a real rise in what I would call “ministry divas.” These are men and women who are pastors, or ministry or spiritual leaders whose focus is more on themselves than the people they serve. As a public service to our readers, the global research team at Cooke Pictures has developed a list of warning signs that someone might be a ministry diva. The following warning signs can apply to either a man or a woman:
1. He doesn’t participate in worship. He only comes out to preach.
2. He’s escorted on and off the platform so he doesn’t actually have to mingle with people.
3. He has multiple assistants—or what some call “armor-bearers” to carry his cell phone, Bible, man-purse, etc.
4. He doesn’t travel that much, but needs a private jet when he does.
5. When he visits other churches, he naturally assumes he’ll get either a seat on the platform or a front row seat.
6. When he promotes his books, he always calls it a “best-seller” even though it wasn’t.
7. He makes ever growing demands on the church for more free time, bigger perks, larger personal staff, etc.
8. He spends more on his wardrobe and cars than the church spends on the children’s program.
9. Divorce is OK for him, because of the ministry pressures he’s under. So when it happens, he doesn’t need to step down or submit to counseling—he doesn’t need it.
10. When he advertises a conference in magazines or other places, his picture is the biggest thing on the ad.
Have you noticed other warning signs we should be looking for?
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.