The SpiritLed Woman podcast is empowering women weekly to follow their purpose in Christ and boldly walk in faith. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
2. Intercede. Through prayer, fasting and worship, go into the heavenly war room and get fresh strategies and weapons for each day's new battles. Take comfort knowing that Jesus "always lives to make intercession" for you (Heb. 7:25).
3. Lay aside differences. Do a personal inventory of your relationships with family and friends. Where necessary, relinquish your rights, forgive and love one another as an act of worship to God.
4. Trust Jesus. Identify your fears. Do you see yourself as more than a conqueror, or are you a grasshopper hiding in the giant's shadow?
The issue is your trust in Christ's eternal character. Ask the Lord to show you the strongholds of fear in your life and how, by the power of the Holy Spirit, you can bring them down.
5. Have an ear to hear. Hearing the voice of God is a survival mechanism for us all. The Lord promises that His sheep will hear His voice and follow Him (John 10:3-4). Press in to hear the voice of God, confident that He wants to speak words of deliverance to you.
6. Rest in Him. Did you know that rest is a form of spiritual warfare? Isaiah 30:15 says, "In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and confidence shall be your strength." God wants to give you rest and peace in the midst of turbulent times. "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest," Jesus promised (Matt.11:28).
7. Ask for the lost. Ask God how to knock down the fortified walls in your heart and in your world. And while you're at it, ask Him to show you the Rahabs in your workplace, school or community that He wants to pluck from the rubble. Don't be surprised if He uses them to communicate divine strategies that will save your life as well as theirs.
8. Feed your spirit on the goodness of God. Meditate on Psalm 91 and keep a journal of God's faithfulness in your life. Remember His faithfulness as you approach each new battle.
Declare that by grace and faith in the finished work of Jesus, you are an overcomer. God will crush the enemy under your feet! He has done it before; He will do it again.
Before Joshua led the Israelites into the promised land, the Lord told him: "Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you. ...Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go" (Josh. 1:3, 9).
You and I have that same promise today. Don't be afraid! Our giants are nothing more than grasshoppers in the eyes of our omnipotent God.
The late Jill Austin, founder of Master Potter Ministries, traveled internationally as a conference speaker for more than 25 years.
- << Prev
- Continue reading
Readers are Leaders! Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Charisma, Ministry Today and SpiritLed Woman all for $24. YES - Sign me up!
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Click here to draw closer to God!