"How do I deal with a principality? I have been living in terror since a horrific encounter the other night. Please advise. Thank you so much."
I received this request the other day from one of my readers. And I should add that this reader and her request are not unique. Many Christians in these last days are confronting attacks from demon spirits. How should we fight to overcome a battle such as this one?
First of all, know who your enemy is and what kind of battle you are in. Ephesians 6:12 reveals who and what we are battling against. "For our fight is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, and against spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."
2 Timothy 1:7 tells us what the Lord has given to us, and what He has not given to us. "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and love, and self-control." According to this Scripture, fear is a spirit, and it does not come from God. And God gives us three things in this verse to overcome a spirit of fear. One supernatural weapon He gives to us is power, not human power, but God's power. Zechariah 4:6b says it this way, "Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts." He also gave us the supernatural weapon of love, again not human love, but His love (Himself). And His love is the fuel for our faith. And then He gives us a sound mind, the very thing the enemy is trying to take away from us, the power of a sound mind. How do we hold onto the power of a sound mind? By reading and studying the Word of God. This Word is living and all-powerful, and it is how Jesus overcame Satan while He was being tempted in the wilderness. No matter what temptation the devil tried to throw at Him, Jesus responded with the Word of God. The Bible tells us that if we will first submit ourselves to God and resist the devil, then he will flee from us (see James 4:7).
11 Steps to Take When Dealing With a Principality
1. Remind the principality who you are in Christ. If you don't know then you need to learn who you are in Christ, who He is in you.
2. And with your true identity in Christ take the authority that Jesus gave to you over Satan and all of his wicked works.
3. Plead the power of the blood of Jesus over your home and yourself.
4. Repent if you have opened any doors for the enemy to walk through, such as horror movies and books, demonic music, unforgiveness and the like.
5. Pray in tongues and don't stop until you sense a breakthrough in the supernatural realm.
6. Play worship music 24/7 in your home.
7. Play an audible Bible 24/7 in your home.
8. Command in the name of Jesus these evil spirits to leave your home.
9. Anoint all the doors and windows in your home, and every room with oil in the name of Jesus.
10. Take Communion daily in your home.
11. If you need to, invite people of strong faith into your home and do a walk-through and pray in faith together.
Again, as a reminder, God's Word assures us that if we will first submit to God, resist the devil, then he will flee from us (see James 4:7).
Becky Dvorak is a prophetic healing evangelist and the author of DARE to Believe, Greater Than Magic and The Healing Creed. Visit her at authorbeckydvorak.com.
This article originally appeared at authorbeckydvorak.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.