Each new year brings a renewed desire to start again. Would you agree? And in the process, we want to leave the old behind, look for a change and hope for the best to show up.
Does that ever happen? Sometimes. But often we don't get what we want. To avoid disappointment, I invite you to try a different approach. How about:
• Instead of looking for healing, we praise God for what He has already healed.
• Instead of longing for a new relationship, we revive our relationship with Christ first.
• Instead of looking for financial freedom, we rejoice in the provision of Him who owns it all.
• Rather than looking to fill what we lack, we look around to what we already have.
• Instead of wishing someone would change, we begin a change in us.
• Instead of staying up worrying at night, we declare victory at the start of each day.
• Instead of anguishing the past, we anticipate a new tomorrow.
• And finally, instead of making New Year's resolutions, we resolve to seek God first.
I join you in praising God for what He has done in Your life. For the moments you thought you were alone, but He was holding you in His hands. For the times you thought sorrow would never end, but you began to trust. And for the uncertainty that threatened to worry you, but you embraced the certainty of His delicious love.
I won't wish you a Happy New Year, as happiness changes. Instead, I pray for joy that fills your days and reassurance to fill your nights.
Janet Perez Eckles is an international speaker and the author of four books. She has helped thousands conquer fear and bring back joy.
This article originally appeared at janetperezeckles.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.