"Lord, we need a generation of believers who are not ashamed of the gospel. We need an army of believers who hate to be lukewarm and will stand on Your Word above all else. Raise 'em up, Lord. Raise them up." —War Room: Prayer Is a Powerful Weapon by Chris Fabry
The minute we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior, we enter a battlefield.
The battlefield is our Christian life, the enemy is Satan, the target is our soul and the battle plan is God's Word.
The trick is recognizing the true enemy. He is a master at disguising himself as our boss, the mean neighbor down the street, the old bully from high school or the co-worker who is always nitpicking at everything we do.
But God's Word says that we are not to go to war against flesh and blood, against people, against the tangible things we can see because they are just tools.
This would be like an army choosing to go to war against machine guns, grenades and missiles; and thinking that once they eradicated those that they had won the battle. Weaponry is just a tool. The enemy is the one using the weaponry. He is the one we need to defeat.
We need to target specific areas of our personal lives, because we need to bathe ourselves in prayer as much as we need to bathe others in prayer. Satan is battling for your soul as much as he is battling for the souls of your friends and loved ones!
This is why I provided these 10 verses on strength.
You can also find war room verses for:
Because while the Christian life is a battle, God never meant for us to live under pressure and stressed out. What kind of a testimony would that be? Why would anyone want to become a Christian if all they see are a bunch of stressed-out Christians under pressure all the time?
Paul said, "For the kingdom of God is...righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."
10 War Room Verses on Spiritual Warfare
Keep them at your fingertips. Memorize them and refer to them daily.
1. Romans 8:37: "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."
2. Zechariah 4:6b: "Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of Hosts."
3. Matthew 18:18-19: "Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by My Father who is in heaven."
4. 1 John 4:4: "You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."
5. Ephesians 6:11-18: "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—"
6. James 4:7: "Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
7. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5: For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ."
8. 1 Peter 5:8-9: "Be sober and watchful, because your adversary the devil walks around as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him firmly in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world."
9. Colossians 2:15: "And having disarmed authorities and power, He made a show of them openly, triumphing over them by the cross."
10. Revelation 12:11: "They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death."
Rosilind Jukic, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their two active boys, where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an associate degree in practical theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of "A Little R & R," where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You may follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
This article originally appeared at rosilindjukic.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!