If you're like me, while traveling, your mind wonders with possibilities. Unable to see, I sometimes think about someone walking away with my bag or me grabbing someone else's suitcase by mistake. Despite those thoughts flashing through at times, I still travel with no worries.
But, on one trip, that very thing happened. The plane landed, and my friend and I sat in our seats, armed with patience and chatting our time away as we waited for other passengers to disembark. Suddenly, my friend called out, "That's my bag!"
Someone had slipped her bag from the overhead compartment and was pulling it away down the aisle.
Good thing she noticed. In addition to her laptop, she had stored valuable material she worked hours to create.
Promises From Psalm 103
Sad, isn't it? When we least expect it, we can risk losing something critical, something that belongs to us, something we hold dear, valuable and essential. But in the airport of life, the truly crucial possessions of the soul that no one can take away are outlined in Psalm 103:
- No one can rob our self-assurance because we always remember all God's benefits—and He who forgives all our sins and heals all our diseases.
- No one can rob our hope because He redeems our life from the pit and crowns us with love and compassion.
- Nothing can snatch our expectation for good things because He satisfies our desires with good things so that our youth is renewed like the eagle's.
- No one can steal our strength when facing attacks because the Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.
- When feeling guilty or condemned, nothing can rob His love because the Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
- Reassurance for mercy belongs to us because He will not always accuse, nor will He harbor His anger forever.
- His comfort is ours because He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him.
- Freedom of forgiveness has our name written on it because as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
How's that for good news? When traveling through life, have you marked all those attributes with your name? They belong to us; God meant for us to engrave them in the label of our heart. And if the enemy is trying to sneak them down the aisle of your life, claim them with all you got!
Father, thank You for Your many promises. Thank You that we can use them to defeat the enemy. Thank you for being completely trustworthy and full of mercy. In Jesus' name, amen.
Janet Perez Eckles is an international speaker and the author of four books. She has helped thousands conquer fear and bring back joy.
This article originally appeared at janetperezeckles.com.
Deborah, Esther and Anna carried a profound anointing. Become a Godly woman of boldness, power and strength. Get the Anointing Bundle.
The Holy Spirit wants to lead you into a deeper, more intimate experience with God. Everything changes in His presence. Enter His Presence.
Summer Reading Bundles + FREE GIFTS! These bundles include prophecy, health, prayer, and the supernatural. Grab your Favorite.