During my recent visit to West Palm Beach, God had a wonderful surprise waiting for me. The lovely couple who hosted me quickly became my close friends. I learned an interesting fact about them.
"His closet is meticulously organized," my friend said about her husband. "All hangers are spaced evenly and all is perfectly placed in the exact spot."
"And how about yours?" I asked her.
She confessed hers wasn't quite the same. But that's okay. In all relationships, each one brings unique habits, methods, approaches and attitudes. But more importantly, each has a specific task assigned to them.
The same is true with God.
The same in our relationship with God. He has His role, and we have ours.
But do you think I learned that lesson well? Not yet. Lately, as my family has faced another dark valley, that lesson had to be drilled in me. Though we face struggles, hardships and heartache, they're ours to endure.
But God has His own role. In the midst of suffering, He has the serenity to calm our heart. In our struggles, He has the victory. In our heartache, He has the healing.
Here are five reasons why we can trust Him:
- He promised that what we face will be temporary. What we fear will be defeated, and what we need to do is not fret, worry, be anxious—but simply be still. "But Moses said to the people, 'Fear not! Stand firm! And see the salvation of the Lord, which He will show you today. For the Egyptians whom you have seen today, you shall never see again'" (Ex. 14:13).
- He has a place for us where we can count on His favor. The favor that is enough for each moment. His favor to conquer all. And the favor that completely surrounds us. "For You are not a God who has pleasure in wickedness, nor will evil dwell with You" (Ps. 5:4).
- He provides the refuge. His protection is firm, constant and available. In fact, He said that we must dare to rejoice as we're nestled under His refuge. "But let all those who seek refuge in You rejoice; may they ever shout for joy, because You defend them; may those who love Your name be joyful in You" (Ps. 5:11).
- He knows the army of negative thoughts that attack. He sees the enemies of our soul that taunt us. And He's aware of the weapons lifted against us. But He promised they have no power or means to harm us. He reassures: "No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper" (Isa. 54:17a).
- And finally, He repeats, that yes, He will be the one to help us, to make us strong, to hold us up. And He commands us not to fear. "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, yes, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand" (Isa. 41:10),
Victory is sure.
When these promises wash our soul, the troubles seem smaller. The battle has an end. The victory is sure and the journey is bearable.
How about you? What battle are you facing? Are you giving the Lord room to fight for you? Are you counting on His victory? Are you anticipating triumph?
Janet Perez Eckles is an international speaker and the author of four books. She has helped thousands conquer fear and bring back joy.
This article originally appeared at janetperezeckles.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Subscribe to Charisma and join a family of believers that enjoy God's presence and operate in the gifts and the fruits of the Spirit. Live your life in the Spirit!
Woman of God, you are anointed. Step into your destiny and live a life of boldness, power and strength. Get the Anointing Bundle plus 2 Free Gifts. Learn More.
Learn to hear God speak, encounter the Holy Spirit, and soak in His presence. Order the Holy Spirit Series for you and get a FREE set for a friend. View Special Offer.