It's a decision, and a quality one, to take down the stronghold of unbelief. A Christian family did just that. They came to a recent healing seminar in Folsom, California, and each family member had a physical disease or ailment. They decided that enough was enough. No longer were they going to suffer at the hands of Satan and his wicked works of sickness and disease. They were coming to be trained in the Word and receive their miracles from the Lord.
The 80- to 90-year-old grandmother had been told if she did not have immediate surgery, she would die from kidney failure. And there were no guarantees with this surgery. This woman said no to surgery and told her daughter she would come to a healing seminar where I was ministering and receive her healing from God. She came and received. Her 90-plus-year-old husband was not born again and had severe back and hip pain. There was probably about a three-inch difference between one hip and another; his spine was hunched over; and he was frail and weak from the pain. He told his daughter who brought them that if he was healed, he would receive the Lord. Well, he came forward and received instant healing, kept true to his promise and asked Jesus to forgive him of his sins and become his Savior. The daughter's husband was being attacked with diabetes, and after the healing word, he came forward to receive a healing touch from God. The daughter of the elderly couple and wife of the man was fighting breast cancer and said to the devil, "No more!" And their teenage son was dealing with great depression; he was set free and declared Jesus as his Savior too.
It took a lot for this family to come to the meetings and admit that it was time to deal with a stronghold of doubt, unbelief, sickness and disease in every area of life, but they humbled themselves and are no longer bound to the suffering of doubt and unbelief. Each has received a healing touch from the Almighty God. Some healings and miracles in their family were immediate and evident to the natural eye, and they reaped spiritual fruit as well. And the others know that they know they are healed and now have the tools they need to harvest the manifestation of their physical healings.
It's time to take down the stronghold of doubt and unbelief concerning your supernatural healing. No longer allow yourself to be controlled by the unbelief of others around you. Stand on the Word of God and believe in Him and in His healing power only. But how do we do this? How do we overcome a stronghold of unbelief and doubt in our lives? Here are steps to take in Jesus' name:
- Acknowledge that you are in doubt and unbelief to God's healing promises. The Bible is clear that the truth sets us free. "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32).
- Ask for God's forgiveness. He is faithful and just to forgive us of all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 promises us that, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
- Turn completely from your doubt and unbelief. 2 Chronicles 7:14 tells us, "if My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." We must accept the fact that doubt and unbelief about God's healing promise is sinful behavior.
- Build up your faith in the most holy faith. Jude 20-21 lovingly instructs us this way, "But you, beloved, build yourselves up in your most holy faith. Pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in the love of God while you are waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, which leads to eternal life." All too often, God's people wait for Him to do everything for us, but His Word is clearly telling us that we are to do this for ourselves, build up our own faith. Why is this so important? Because according to the words of Jesus, it is our own faith that heals and makes us whole. For example, He said to the woman with an issue of blood for 12 years in Luke 8:48, "And He said to her, "Daughter, be of good cheer. Your faith has made you well. Go in peace." Again we see in Luke 17:17-19, "Jesus said, "Were not the ten cleansed? Where are the nine? Were there not any found to return and give glory to God except this foreigner?" Then He said to him, "Rise, go your way. Your faith has made you well."
Here's how to build up your faith for healing:
- Stay in the healing Word. Romans 10:17 tells us that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. And faith for healing comes by remaining in the healing Scriptures.
- Call forth healing. Romans 4:17 says we are to call things that are not as though they already were. Instead of saying, "I am waiting for my healing to manifest," you are to confess by faith in the redemptive blood of Jesus to heal that you are already healed.
- Speak life, health and healing. Proverbs 18:21 tells us that we have the power of life and death in our tongue. If you need healing, you do not speak about the sickness or the disease or its symptoms, you speak life, health and healing only. If you will speak this way, your healing will manifest. If you are not consistent with your words, then the manifestation of your healing will not be, either.
- Act out your healing. James 2:26 clearly states that, "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead." Again, like your words, your actions must declare healing. If you are not consistently acting upon faith with your healing, it will not manifest as you desire.
Becky Dvorak is a prophetic healing evangelist and the author of DARE to Believe, Greater Than Magic and, soon to be released, The Healing Creed. Visit her at authorbeckydvorak.com.
This article originally appeared at authorbeckydvorak.com
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.