The voice of the Spirit of the Lord is resonating with an urgency throughout the whole Earth to get ready. The biggest display of the supernatural we will ever witness is about to take place—and we need to prepare.
How do we prepare ourselves?
- Make sure you are in right standing with Jesus Christ. Romans 10:9 tells us that "if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
- Forgive and be forgiven. Matthew 6:14-15 makes it plain, "For if you forgive men for their sins, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men for their sins, neither will your Father forgive your sins."
- Be about your heavenly Father's business and win people to Jesus. Mark 16: 15-16 tells us what His business is: "Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved. But he who does not believe will be condemned." 1 Corinthians 9:19, Paul unselfishly writes from his heart, "For though I am free from all men, I have made myself servant to all, that I might win even more." And Proverbs 11:30 tells us what type of person cares enough to evangelize the lost: "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise." Mark 16:17-18 instructs us how God wants us to evangelize: "These signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."
- Be empowered with the Holy Spirit for the task ahead of us. Zechariah 4:6 gives words of wisdom how to accomplish the Father's business: "Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of Hosts." Acts 1:8 tells us how we will be empowered: "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
- Encourage yourself spiritually and learn to operate in the prophetic. "He who speaks in an unknown tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church" (1 Cor. 14:4).
- Study the Word of God. "Study to show yourself approved by God, a workman who need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Tim. 2:15).
- And my final point, live like you believe. "Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man viewing his natural face in a mirror. He views himself, and goes his way, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But whoever looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this man will be blessed in his deeds" (James 1:22-25).
If we will put these seven steps of faith into action, we will be ready.
Becky Dvorak is a prophetic healing evangelist and the Destiny Image author of DARE to Believe, Greater Than Magic and, soon to be released, The Healing Creed. Visit her at authorbeckydvorak.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.