Do you fear persecution and the uncertainty of the times we live in? What will happen with your job? Your family? Your life? Do you sense the need for tighter security around you? Do you sense the need for more reassurance of the Lord's faithfulness? If so, you are not alone, many Christians struggle with fear concerning these Last Days.
How can we overcome these overwhelming feelings of fear and insecurity? One way to calm our hearts is to pray, and not just any prayer, but pray the Word of God.
I believe in the power of praying God's Word over ourselves and our families. Let's begin with Psalm 91 from the NKJV of the Bible.
Read it several times to familiarize yourself with it.
After you are familiar with it, start with verse one and personalize it for yourself.
Meditate upon His protection.
Start to memorize this portion of Scripture.
When fearful thoughts come to taunt you quote Psalm 91 aloud.
Allow the power of God's Word to encourage you today.
1. "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." It is our responsibility to choose who we will spend our time with during these turbulent times. We can spend our time with the spirit of fear, or we can make a quality decision and spend our time with the Lord. There is protection and provision when we are under the boundary of His shadow.
2. " I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."" Declaring the attributes of the Lord is a powerful, but humble way to address the Lord. And He honors our faith in Him.
3. "Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence." What encouragement this can stir within us when we vocalize His greatness over our enemy, satan and all of his wicked works.
4. "He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler." This Scripture is visually filled with His tenderness towards us, and assures us of His divine protection.
5. "You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day." With God we do not need to fear what comes against us in the supernatural realm, nor do we need to be afraid of what could rise against us in the physical realm either. God is with us at all times.
6." Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday." He has given us authority over things that can do us harm.
7. "A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you." Again, we have a boundary of protection as we abide under His shadow.
8."Only with your eyes shall you look, and see the reward of the wicked." It is reassuring to know that we will be spared from the consequences of sin.
9."Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place," This is confirmation of our security that we have in Him. And no matter what we will face in the days ahead he is our security.
10. "No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;" These are great statements of faith to declare over ourselves verbally every day.
11. "For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways." He sends His ministering spirits to protect us from evil.
12. "In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone." The angels have been signed a plan of action on our behalf.
13. "You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot." He gives to us authority over all of our enemies.
14. "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name." This is the reason we can activate the power of His redemption.
15. "He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him." These words bring assurance to us that no matter what happens in this life, He will respond to our need.
16. "With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation." These are promised benefits that come from personal relationship with Him.
These are trying times, and we need to take control over a spirit of fear concerning these last days. Praying the Word of God gives strength and peace to our mind and emotions, and changes our focus from fear to His faithful.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.