- that they would trust God, that they would be firmly rooted in Christ and the Word of God and that they would draw strength from Him
- for joy, hope, endurance, strength, patience, protection and safety
- pray against fear, loneliness, fatigue, despair and depression
- that support would be present when needed, that friends, family, co-workers and neighbors would rise up and extend assistance and encouragement
- for loyalty and commitment in their marriage, and that their relationship would have trust
- that their love would grow stronger during the time apart
- pray against temptation or inappropriate relationships
- for healthy ways to fill the hours left empty that would have been spent with their spouse
- that they would be strong for their children and would have wisdom and discernment in parenting
- that children would learn how to cope with the deployment (fears, anxieties and sadness) and learn how to express themselves
- that schools would be understanding and helpful
- Pray for the time of re-integration. After the happy reunion, the period of adjustment can be tough. The whole family has been affected/changed by the deployment.
- It may be a time of dealing with unresolved issues.
- The deployed parent needs to fit back into the home that has managed independently without him/her for a period of time. Parental/spousal responsibilities may shift.
- Sometimes a return home is followed by a move to a new location.
- Please keep praying!
Reprinted with permission from © Benita Koeman, founder of Operation We Are Here.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.