1) Unity brings down all walls and releases peace. "For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation" (Eph. 2:14).
2) Unity forges a new humanity with tremendous possibilities. "Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace" (Eph. 2:15).
3) Unity was won by Christ on the cross as He endured all our hostilities against each other. When we live in hostility toward our fellow believers, we crucify Christ again. Instead, we must be crucified to divisive behavior toward others. As Galatians 2:20 says, "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
4) Unity gives us access into God's presence. "For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord" (Eph. 2:18-21). We became the new temple of God!
5) Unity brings the highest level of spiritual fullness and power. "In whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit" (Eph. 2:22). When we are "built together," God lives in us! What awesome possibilities flow from such anointing.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!