I've made it a habit of sending encouraging and inspiring texts to my five children on a regular basis. To send a text to my child during the day only takes a few seconds but can make such a positive impact. And, over the last couple of years, I've shared with you 10 Texts to Send to Your College Student in their Next 10 Days and 10 Texts to Send to Your Kids or Grandkids in the Next 10 Days.
Today, I thought I'd share with you 10 texts that you can send to your teen son or daughter in the next 10 days. Send a text today! Here are some ideas:
- It's a great honor to be your dad.
- Watching you today at your ______________ (recital, practice, game) gave me a lot of joy!
- I was just thinking about your amazing gifts today. You are _________ (so creative/so good with people/so good at helping others who are going through a tough time).
- I hope you know that I'm always here for you.
- The way you stand up for what is right is such an inspiration to me.
- I apologize for what I said to you the other day. I was wrong. Will you please forgive me?
- I know things didn't turn out as you expected today. But you gave it your best. Way to go!
- I was looking at some pictures on my phone of you today. It made me think how blessed I am to be your dad.
- I'm proud of you ... always!
- Want to go get ice cream together tonight?
Here is another related resource: 10 Texts to Send Your Wife in the Next 10 Days.
What other messages could you send to your teen to encourage them?
Mark W. Merrill is the president of All Pro Dad and Family First , a national non-profit organization. He is also the voice of a daily radio program called The Family Minute.
This article originally appeared at allprodad.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!