One of the most exciting parts of my job is being able to meet fathers all over the country. Yet time and time again, they often say to me, "Do you have any tips that will help me to better communicate with my teen? When I ask them questions, all I get is a grunt, a 'nothing,' or an 'I don't know.'"
When it comes to building conversation with teenagers, many guys don't know where to start. Nurturing teen talk consists of asking good questions. This will help get you started. I've created this list of conversation starters for you:
1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you travel to?
2. Who is your best friend?
3. What would your perfect day consist of?
4. What is your favorite memory of us?
6. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
7. What is your most embarrassing moment?
8. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would you meet?
9. What is your dream job?
10. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
11. What was your favorite book when you were little?
12. What is your earliest memory?
14. Would you rather live on the beach or in the mountains?
15. If you could star in any movie, what movie would it be?
Mark Merrill is the president of All Pro Dad and Family First, a national non-profit organization. He is also the voice of a daily radio program called "The Family Minute."
For the original article, visit allprodad.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Subscribe to Charisma and join a family of believers that enjoy God's presence and operate in the gifts and the fruits of the Spirit. Live your life in the Spirit!
Woman of God, you are anointed. Step into your destiny and live a life of boldness, power and strength. Get the Anointing Bundle plus 2 Free Gifts. Learn More.
Learn to hear God speak, encounter the Holy Spirit, and soak in His presence. Order the Holy Spirit Series for you and get a FREE set for a friend. View Special Offer.