Is your married life a constant whirlwind of activity? Or is it comfortably tedious? Could it possibly be a little of both?
Regardless of where you are, the key concept in romantic getaway is the word getaway. Whatever your schedule, romance often falls victim to routine—that's why you want to get away.
Most importantly, getaways promote the idea that you love each other passionately and that you're motivated to rearrange your schedule—even if only for 24 hours—in order to nurture the relationship that is so important. Maybe you appreciate the thought but are at a loss regarding how to start.
Here are 10 ideas that will help you have one of the best weekend getaways ever:
1. Use some imagination. Avoid the same old, same old. Go somewhere new. Skip the hotel and try a bed and breakfast. Detailed thoughtfulness and caring in planning a getaway with your wife can lead to romance when you arrive.
2. Present the idea via a handwritten invitation. Instead of "Wanna go to the shore?" try a fountain pen on classy stationary. "Mr. John Doe requests the accompaniment of his lovely wife, Jane, for a weekend of romance at the B&B on Honeymoon Beach." At the very least, go Hallmark.
3. Make all the arrangements yourself. Make the getaway a true gift and do the legwork yourself. It may be a cliché to say that the journey is as important as the destination. But there's no doubt romantic getaways work best when romance is included every step of the way.
4. Plan to be uninterrupted. Make necessary arrangements for emergency contacts, but the cellphone is off, period. Email too. Romantic getaways need to be just that—a getaway.
5. Pack some candles and matches in your suitcase. This is a twofer: not just romantic candlelight, but the loving touch of thoughtfulness ahead of time.
6. Plan at least one a year. Romantic getaways accrue a cumulative value. Make them a regular element of your relationship.
7. Keep notes on dreams and wishes. Keep an idea log. Do you know what kinds of destinations your spouse enjoys, or what restaurants or fun activities she likes? Don't wait for a moment of panic when you know you have to book something in 24 hours. The added value of paying attention is a growing sensitivity that puts your mate first as a matter of course.
8. Don't break the bank—the stress will ruin the weekend. Nothing kills romance like stress. Save up, look for deals, go camping, swap houses for the weekend—do whatever it takes, but keep inside your budget.
9. Arrange ahead. It doesn't take a lot of effort to arrange flowers, chocolates or some other gift to be there when you arrive. The thoughtfulness will go a long way.
10. Do not watch sports. OK, does this even need to be said? Unfortunately, yes! Better yet, don't watch TV at all (unless you have a "date-friendly" movie planned).
The idea is simple: "uninterrupted time together." That's a gift you can't overgive.
For the original article, visit allprodad.com.
Readers are Leaders! Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Charisma, Ministry Today and SpiritLed Woman all for $24. YES - Sign me up!
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Click here to draw closer to God!