Guys, recently I have been working with and mentoring some younger men—those recently out of high school and another who has been out for a good five years now.
What I continually discover is that these guys were never taught or shown what it takes to be a successful man in this world. As I've worked with these guys, I've really started to consider some important things that guys need to know to make it in today's world.
Below is a list of 10 things you should know. As you finish this article, I would encourage you to share your experiences. What do you think it takes? What has helped you be successful?
Let's be a community of men that share, connect and help other men grow!
1. A seeker of fellowship – A successful young man maintains fellowship with other like-minded men.
2. Passion – A successful young man pursues matters with his heart, not just with his head.
3. Dedication – A successful young man values his word. He understands his word is his outward expression to his friends, family and those he works with.
4. An adventurous spirit – A successful young man is aware that even among his large responsibilities, he knows the value of breaking away and adventuring into the wild.
5. Willingness to listen to a mentor – A successful young man is able to recognize his immaturity and is able to seek guidance from those that have been successful before him.
6. Being a goal setter – A successful young man is able establish goals for his life and work hard each day to achieve them.
7. Being still – A successful young man is able to see the value in quiet moments such as reading a relevant book, journaling his thoughts and praying alone.
8. Technology savvy - A successful young man is able to recognize and utilize technology, but he is also self-controlled enough to not let it dominate his life.
9. Financial awareness – A successful young man understands the power of money and works hard to earn it and manage it properly.
10. Confidence – A successful young man is able to set aside the issues of his youth and move forward in life with inner strength and confidence.
What do you think it takes? What has helped you be successful?
Let's be a community of men that share, connect and help other men grow.
Manturity.com is a website written by men, for men. The goal of the site is to build more mature men spiritually and in their everyday circumstances. Please understand that the majority of the content written for Manturity is directed towards men. On rare occasions there will be articles written by women. These articles will be written in the context to help men better understand a woman's point of view and perspective.
For the original article, visit manturity.com.