The National Eating Disorder Association found that 80 percent of women are unhappy with their weight. Pop culture is a big factor in that.
Seventy-five percent of women portrayed in sitcoms are officially underweight. The average American woman is 5'4" and weighs 140 lbs. The average model is 5'11" and weighs 117 lbs.
Our culture's definition of a beautiful body is getting more and more unrealistic. This twisting is causing many women, perhaps your wife, to feel unattractive.
As a loving husband, you have to counteract our culture. If you implement the following 10 things, your wife will tell you, "You make me feel beautiful."
1. Straight up tell her. Tell her often and in different ways. Don't wait until she needs it. Let her know when she isn't expecting it.
2. Make sure she catches you looking—at her. Perception is built on small details. A glance, a word, a raised eyebrow, a smile.
3. Never view pornography or "girlie" magazines—the message will be clear. A husband more interested in other women devastates his wife's self-esteem.
4. Never compare her negatively to other women. If you really believe your wife needs to look better, tell her she's beautiful now. If you want her to lose weight like her sister or get toned like your neighbor, the last thing you should do is point that out.
5. Place her picture prominently on your desk and carry it in your wallet. Introduce her to your friends as, "My awesome, beautiful wife." In other words, develop and support a culture of positive regard.
6. Shower her with gifts and tokens of love at unexpected moments. Communicate how valuable she is. Nothing does the job like unconditional, generous, spontaneous love.
7. Compliment her in front of your children. Make sure your kids know how special and lovely their mother is. They will repackage those sentiments. The truth will leak out and do its work.
8. Purchase intimate apparel, have it gift wrapped and leave the package for her with a love note. Need we say more? I don't think so.
9. Be deliberate about romance. Be the guy who worked so hard to win your wife's affection before you were married. Be courteous, sophisticated, funny and romantic. Whoever that guy was, bring him back.
10. Treat your own physique with respect. Let your wife see how you respect your body and your health. Self-respect is a value that replicates within the family. "My wife deserves the best that I can be."
For the original article, visit allprodad.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.