In today's society, there are many different definitions of what a true man is and looks like. Some say you are supposed to be tough and never cry, while others say a good man goes to church and gives to charity.
Some men think the size of the biggest deer head you have on your wall is the measure of your manliness. Well, to know the heart of a man is the true measure of that man.
In our society we see a lot of men striving for false finish lines in their manhood, without a father to secure a young boy in his masculine identity there will always be a big hole to fill. Psalms 27:10 says, "If my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me in." As a boy our dads are our first hero and we want to be just like him, but the Bible says there are none perfect but Jesus. So even superhero dad has a few flaws, I know my kid's dad does. The good news is God will fill in those gaps and make you complete.
There are five areas where as men we need to know that God is there for us. Yes men, we need some help from time to time. These five areas let us know that Father God is a true loving father.
Father God gives and is these five things to us; we just need to receive them.
1. Protector. Father God loves you and will protect you and your family through all times and trials. He will always be with you and guide you through life.
2. Provider. Father God is our true provider; he provides more than just money, He gives love, counsel, wisdom and grace. James 1:17 says every good and perfect gift comes from above. God provided your job, resources and talents so you could provide for your family. Your job isn't your source of income, God is. Many people can't understand that and see past the natural.
3. Promoter. Father God knows what's best for us and knows when is the right season for us to be promoted. Sometimes the promotion we desire is the one that can destroy us. There is a reason and season for everything. A true father always looks to open doors for his children.
4. Priest. Father God is our high priest. We all need council from time to time and the truth spoken into our lives. This is why we need a daily time with God. Matthew 6:6 says, "But you, when you pray, enter your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly." The key is when you make time for God the Bible says he is waiting for you in the secret place. Make time for your priest.
5. Prophet. Father God is your prophet, A True prophet speaks life over you and encourages you in your future. Zephaniah 3:17 says, "The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." The Father will give you peace and comfort when you hear him speak to you; this is what a true father does. When Father God speaks to you men, He is speaking straight into the destiny and purpose he has given you. A real father speaks life and encouragement to his sons.
Men, all these things about Father God are for us to know He is there for us and cares about us as true sons.
These things are also there to show us how to be better fathers to our children. I hope this helped you as much as it helped me, and God bless. Remember, you have what it takes to be a great husband and father.
Joe Joe Dawson is the president of Burn Texarkana Revival center and House of Prayer. Pastor Dawson also serves as staff evangelist for First Assembly of God in Texarkana, Texas, where he also is now the Tribe College/young adult pastor. Burn Texarkana has one revival/awakening service a month at First Assembly and also has Burn on the Road meetings in neighboring cites monthly. There are four Burn Texarkana prayer meetings each week! Joe is married to the love of his life, Autumn, and together they have three kids: Malachi, Judah and Ezra.
Readers are Leaders! Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Charisma, Ministry Today and SpiritLed Woman all for $24. YES - Sign me up!
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Click here to draw closer to God!