Keep in shape and sharpen your competitive edge in the backyard or on the field.
This summer, you have a chance to get outdoors, pump some fresh air into your lungs, work up a sweat and bond with the guys or your family. Without further adieu, here are my top 10 summer sports for shaping you into a "new man:"10. Australian-rules football: Wear no pads, play with friends and build solid calves.
9. Be a fish, not a fisherman: Put down the pole and lures, anchor the boat and jump in. Swim and work out your shoulders, back and chest.
8. Nature quest: Hiking, kayaking and climbing--or the neighborhood version of these--will strengthen quads.
7. Sherpa: Golf's not exercise unless you, not your cart or your caddie, carry the load.
6. Alligator wrestling: Wrestle with the kids, work the abs.
5. Rickshaw driving: Go for a run while pushing the jogging stroller ... have you ever seen a fat rickshaw driver?
4. Hot-dog vending: Put your small child in a bike stroller, strengthen your lungs and legs.
3. Modern pentathlon: Rake, mow and wax the car to get biceps and triceps naturally.
2. Beat the kids: Take them on in soccer, volleyball and tennis while building your cardiovascular system.
1. Strong man competition: Take turns seeing who can pull the tree stump out of your yard with their bare hands.
Ben Lerner was the 1996 and 2000 U.S. Olympic wrestling-team doctor and is the best-selling author of Body by God: The Owner's Manual for Maximized Living.
Readers are Leaders! Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Charisma, Ministry Today and SpiritLed Woman all for $24. YES - Sign me up!
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Click here to draw closer to God!