Life's small irritations can ruin even the best marriages.
Like a piece of sand in an oyster, small irritations in marriage will accumulate until they're much bigger. Except in this case, you won't end up with a beautiful pearl!
Here are some "grains of sand" that can sabotage your marriage:
1. Be a flirt.
2. Undermine your spouse in public.
3. Use negative body language when your spouse is talking to you.
4. Fail to communicate on a daily basis.
5. Stop caring about your appearance.
6. Have children in order to bring your marriage together.
7. Men: Enjoy playing golf (or whatever takes your time) more than you enjoy your wife.
8. Women: Spend more time with your friends (or whatever takes your time) than you spend with your husband.
9. Find your self-esteem outside the marriage.
10. Conceal your expectations.
Source: God Is in the Small Stuff for Your Marriage (Promise Press), by Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!