"But he who hears and does not obey is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently. Immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great" (Luke 6:49).
My heart aches watching the death spiral of celebrities, especially those influencing millions of impressionable young people. Lisa Marie Presley and Miley Cyrus are two examples of many young women on this perilous path.
Pop starlet Miley Cyrus, has now gone from purity ring to rabid pro-abortionist and purveyor of perversion. Her latest music video that I'll review shortly is beyond the pale. It's disgusting and defiant of the God who gave her the abundant talent she squanders for shallow adulation and short-lived riches.
When the home she shared with her "lover" burned down not long ago, Miley was jolted but only momentarily shaken to the core. Scores of us prayed she'd be sobered by the traumatic experience and return to her once vibrant relationship with God.
Brushing herself off, the former Disney darling, "Hannah Montana," quickly resumed a trajectory that, God forbid, may tragically take her over the edge. She soon turns 27, and I encourage caring Christians to pray for her so she never enters the infamous "27 Club."
This group is a collection of pop stars who all flamed out at age 27 due to their profligate lifestyle. Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison of the Doors, Kurt Cobain of Nirvana, Amy Winehouse and others are just some in this "Hall of Shame."
A 'Christian' Corrupted
Where I live in Franklin, Tennessee, is the same place Miley was born and grew up. She went to an outstanding school, Heritage Elementary School. She was raised Christian and professed her faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, followed by her baptism in a Southern Baptist church.
This gifted young girl loved God and attended church services regularly. She proudly wore a purity ring as a symbol of her commitment to sexual purity as a virtuous young Christian teen.
When she landed a leading role on the Hannah Montana TV program, she said how "blessed" she was to be a Disney performer. Millions of impressionable young people followed her daily, many secretly wishing they could be like this smiley, fun-loving character on their favorite show. Her signature posters adorned the bedroom walls of children and teenagers across America.
Then something terrible happened. It wasn't instantaneously, but gradually, that the seduction of superstardom and her multimillion-dollar net worth took its toll. Cryus' story is a modern-day Shakespearean tragedy. For those who are unaware, join me on the journey that should give all of us an "Achy Breaky Heart" like her once wayward dad's signature song made famous.
Plummeting to the Pit
- Miley began to repackage herself as a sexually explicit, dope-smoking, profanity-spewing, in-your-face bisexual, raunchy, pop icon. Was it her idea or Hollywood handlers? It remains a mystery.
- Her breakout moment came when at a MTV Video Music Awards show she shocked sensibilities by "twerking," and, in my opinion, opened herself up to demonic spirits that have characterized her life ever since.
- She covered her body over with tattoos depicting a cross, an evil eye, an alien head, a tongue and skull in addition to the words "Bad" and "Karma."
- Miley told the Associated Press that not all her relationships were heterosexual. She then said she "came out" to her mom earlier in life. Subsequently she confirmed her lesbian relationship with the model Stella Maxwell.
- In an interview, Miley declared, "I am the least judgmental person ever!" She then launched into a tirade about tolerance. She blasted Christian lawmakers, declaring, "These people shouldn't make our laws!" She said, "I am literally open to every single thing, as long as it's consenting. I'm gender-fluid." "I know you're going to look at me more if my [expletives], so look at me!"
- She started the "Happy Hippie Foundation" to rescue LGBTQ youth whose parents do not accept their lifestyle.
- She pushed all boundaries by swinging on a wrecking ball completely unclothed while doing other lewd actions. This won her the award for the best music video of the year. Her other albums: "Can't be Tamed" and "Bangerz" featured explicit tracks unacceptable to print in a family news service.
In this month's Elle magazine, Cyrus says she married actor Liam Hemsworth, but "do people really think that I'm at home in a [expletive] apron ... I'm still sexually attracted to women."
Her New Vulgar Video
Desperate for attention and sadly seduced by adoration and fame, Miley just released a new video entitled Mother's Daughter. She envisions this as a New Age anthem for female expression and freedom from restraint. It's filled with graphic perversion, blatant profanity, nudity and the advocacy of unfettered abortion.
She mocks sexual purity for girls saying, "Virginity is a social construct."
Finally, Miley cavorts about with trans women and drag queens on the screen and also brazenly declares, "Hallelujah, I'm a witch! Hallelujah, I'm a witch!"
Endorsing abortion in her life and video, she recently did a Planned Parenthood fundraiser highlighting the same tagline, "Don't [expletive] with my freedom!" Now she's celebrating a partnership with designer Mark Jacobs to sell pro-abortion sweatshirts emblazoned with the offensive motto.
WARNING: This video by Miley Cyrus is depraved and grotesque. I caution parents, pastors, educators and mature overseers of youth because of the graphic and sacrilegious images it contains.
Here's the Deal: As the cultural war intensifies, we must be informed and vigilant to protect our young people while interceding for them daily. Let's also pray for Miley and others like her that "God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil who has taken them captive to do his will" (2 Tim. 2:25-26, NIV).
Imagine a rescued and redeemed Miley Cyrus like a modern-day prodigal stepping out of the pigsty to a platform of pointing youth to the living God.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.