Angels are ministering spirits sent to serve the heirs of salvation (Heb. 1:14). Angels help us, protect us, send messages to us, unfold revelation, guard us and more. Angels are all around us.
Since the Lord gave me the prophetic word about the angels of abundant harvest, I've been studying angels more and more. While God must remain the center of our focus—we need to study His will, character and ways—we'd be foolish to ignore what the Bible says about angels.
The Bible mentions angels and other heavenly creatures over 370 times. They appear as men. They appear in dreams. They appear in brilliance. They appear in visions. They appear in trances. They have walked and talked with men on the earth. They move at the speed of light.
Here are seven specific truths we need to know about angels at a time when the Lord has released the angels of abundant harvest:
1. Angels obey the Lord's commands, not ours. I hear many, especially spiritual warriors, commanding angels. I cannot find in Scripture anywhere we are to command angels. Psalm 91:11 (AMP) says, "For He will command His angels in regard to you, To protect and defend and guard you in all your ways [of obedience and service]." And Psalm 103:20 says, "Bless the Lord, you His angels, who are mighty, and do His commands, and obey the voice of His word."
2. Angels have a free will. Like humans, angels are not robots. We know that one-third of the angels followed Lucifer (Satan) in his insurrection and were cast of heaven with him. Jude 6 (MEV) tells us plainly, "Likewise, the angels who did not keep to their first domain, but forsook their own dwelling, He has kept in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day." Angels choose to serve the living God, just as we do.
3. You have angels. In Matthew 18:10, Jesus said: "See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven." Angelic activity in the New Testament era was common. When Peter was released from prison (by an angel) he came knocking on the door where intercessors were praying for his release—but they didn't believe when he actually showed up. They said, "It is his angel" (Acts 12:15b). The Bible says angels are ministering spirits to those who inherit salvation (Heb. 1:14).
4. Angels never die. Luke 20:36 says, "For they cannot die any more, for they are equal to the angels and are the sons of God, being sons of the resurrection."
5. Angels serve as deliverers. Although God is our fortress, our strength and our deliverer, He can choose to send angels with deliverance assignments. Psalm 34:7 bears this out, "The angel of the Lord camps around those who fear Him, and delivers them."
6. Angels can speak with a loud voice. Revelation 7:2 reveals, "And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. He cried out with a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the earth and the sea ..."
7. Angels have strong discernment. 2 Samuel 14:17 says, "So, your servant thought, 'May the word of my lord the king provide rest. For like the angel of God, my lord the king discerns good from evil. May the Lord your God be with you.'"
These are only some of the many truths about angels and angelic beings. The Lord releases angels to accomplish many assignments, including bringing in harvest. We'll continue our study on angels in the weeks ahead.
The Lord has released the angels of abundant harvest. Find out how you can cooperate with them at angelsprophecy.com.
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at [email protected].
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!