"On Oct. 31, 1517, Martin Luther nailed his Ninety-five Theses on the door of the Castle Church in Wittenburg, Germany, beginning what would become known as the Protestant Reformation. Ironically, these 'Theses' were not an attack on the Church as much as a reintroduction of what true repentance really meant and a call to return to it."
We now find ourselves just a few days away from Oct. 31, 2017, the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. The church today is in a similar place of lack in understanding true repentance. We are still not yet operating in the full potential the church was established by Jesus to display.
In Martin Luther's Day, sin and corruption were rampant, immorality was destroying the family and "truth" was whatever influential people said it was. Sound familiar?
Our generals have written a new Reformation Manifesto specifically for this 500th anniversary on Oct. 31, 2017. You can read it and download it here.
We are asking you to:
- Read it and pray through it as often as possible through this month and up to Oct. 31, 2017.
- Consider gathering people for prayer at a church or in a home or other location on Oct. 31, 2017. Pray through the items mentioned on the Manifesto.
- Print it out and post it on the door of your home.
- Print it out and post it on the door of your business, if you own your own business or if your employer is willing.
- If you are a pastor or minister of a local church, print it out and post it on the door(s) of your church or ministry.
- If you are not the pastor of a local church, forward it to your ministry leader or bring them a copy and ask them if they will post it on the doors of their church. Also, see if they will print copies for the congregation to take home to post.
Cindy Jacobs is an author, speaker and teacher with a heart for discipling nations in the areas of prayer and prophetic gifts. She and Mike—her husband of 43 years—co-founded Generals International in 1985.
This article originally appeared at generals.org.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!