In what Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May is calling a "callous terrorist attack—one of the worst ever in British history—a suicide bomber struck at an Ariana Grande concert on Monday night. The attack left 22 dead—including children—and 59 injured.
This is not only a tragedy that goes down in the nation's history as one of the worst attacks ever—it has also wreaked havoc on the nation's political process. General election campaigning has been suspended.
May acknowledged the difficulty of the days ahead after the "sickening cowardice" and vowed Britain's "spirit would never be broken ... terrorists would never win and our way of life would always prevail."
Now is a time to grieve, but we must let our grieving lead us into travailing prayer—not shock and silence. This is another heartbreaking attack, but we must not lay down our weapons in this hour. Underground intercessors, I am calling you to rise up and pray for those who are too stunned to lift up a petition today.
We must stand together against the principalities and powers that are manifesting in the dastardly deeds of wicked men who are deceived by a false God. We must not shrink back from the spiritual war that is raging in the nations.
This is certainly a sign of the times. Although we can't pray away end-times drama, we can make intercession as the Lord leads as we know it's not His will that any should perish—even the suicide bomber.
Here are seven prophetic prayer insights.
1. Pray for protection. Claim Psalm 91 over your Britain, over your nation and over your life. Turn Psalm 91 into the base of prophetic prayer. Let that be a jumping-off point for you to release prophetic declarations of protection.
2. Pray for specific prayer strategies to combat terror. We are not wrestling against flesh and blood, but we are wrestling (see Eph. 6.) We need new moves in the spirit to combat the rise of terror. We need our intercession to wax prophetic—moving beyond mere petitions based on the written Word of God.
3. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you release laser-focused prayers that penetrate the darkness that's working to cover the earth, including praying for a release of God's glory (see Is. 60:2). Pray that God's glory will overtake the terrorists and they would surrender to Him.
4. Pray against the spirit of fear gripping people in the nations in the midst of growing terror manifestations. Luke 21:26 tells us people will faint from terror in the last days. God did not give us a spirit of fear (see 2 Tim. 1:7). Fear solves nothing.
5. Pray police, armed forces, intelligence agencies and more would have prophetic insight and tactics to not only bring terrorists to justice but to prevent attacks before they happen. Pray they would have a spirit of wisdom upon them.
6. Ask the Lord to release angels on assignment to war in the spirit realm against principalities and powers over nations (see Dan. 10).
7. Pray in the Spirit, since we don't know how to pray as we ought (see Rom. 8:26).
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at email@example.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.