Do you want to pray a perfect prayer that the Father cannot refuse? Pray the Word of God.
I asked Cindy Jacobs, Patricia King, Stacey Campbell, Lou Engle, Mickey Robinson and Beth Alves which Scriptures they pray regularly, and they served up a gold mine that I couldn't help but pass on to you. Here is how it happened.
Recently I was attending a prophetic roundtable in Dallas, Texas, where a few prophetic leaders from the nations gather on a relational basis each year to hear from the Lord. It is one of the highlights of the year for me. At the close of the gathering, Cindy Jacobs of Generals International and I started chatting about things close to our hearts. I asked Cindy what Scriptures she prays regularly. Wow! A wellspring of life just started pouring out of her.
She quickly cited several Scriptures to me from her heart. On the other side of the table was our mutual friend and prophetess of years, Beth Alves. She also seemed to spring to life and started reciting some of the verses she prays everyday. It was a short but special moment we shared together.
It hit the jackpot and I knew it! I turned to Cindy and asked her, "Would you give me permission to write up some of this into an article on Scriptures the Prophets Pray?" Well, of course, the three of us were in agreement. I have now expanded this to seven diverse prophetic friends (including myself) from whom I have gleaned some key verses that they have prayed regularly for years. So, from that initial conversation, this has come.
Effective Prayers from 7 Modern-Day Prophets:
As you read these Scripture verses you will find that they reflect the burden, gifting and calling that each one carries. Amazingly, out of the seven prophets I sought out—no one gave me the same verse—though we each love all 21 verses!
Scriptures Prayed by 7 Diverse Prophets
Cindy Jacobs – Generals International
- Acts 1:8 – "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."
- Deuteronomy 8:18 – "But you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day."
- 1 Chronicles 4:10 – "Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, "Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me!" And God granted him what he requested."
Lou Engle – The Call
- Luke 10:2 – "And He was saying to them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."
- Psalm 2:8 – "Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance, and the very ends of the earth as Your possession."
- Matthew 28:19-20 – "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Beth Alves – Increase International
- Psalm 122:6 – "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: 'May they prosper who love you.'"
- 1 Timothy 2:1-4 – "First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."
- Psalm 91:1-3 – "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!" For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper and from the deadly pestilence."
Mickey Robinson – Prophetic Destiny International
- Matthew 6:33 – "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."
- Proverbs 3:5-6 – "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
- Luke 16:16 – "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it."
Patricia King – XP Media
- Isaiah 55:11 – "So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it."
- Psalm 51:10-12 – "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit."
- Isaiah 54:17 – "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; and every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD."
James Goll – Encounters Network
- Ephesians 1:17-19 – "I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe."
- Joel 2:28 – "It will come about after this that I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; and your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions."
- Isaiah 62:6-7 – "On your walls, O Jerusalem, I have appointed watchmen; all day and all night they will never keep silent. You who remind the LORD, take no rest for yourselves; and give Him no rest until He establishes and makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth."
Stacey Campbell – Be a Hero
- John 14:21 – "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."
- John 17:20-24 – "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me. Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world."
- Revelation 19:10 – "Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, 'Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.'"
Yes, My Word is Alive and Active!
"My Word is alive and active." This phrase of course comes from Hebrews 4:12. But recently I had a visitation where the "glory of the Lord" appeared in my living room from floor to the ceiling as a cylinder of His presence as amber colors swirled around. A DNA ladder appeared in its midst as the entire element was rotating. Then a voice came from the pillar and stated, "My Word is Alive and Active!" I heard it over and over, again and again.
There is life in the Bible. It is the only book that when you read it — it reads you! Meditate on the Word. Love the Scriptures. God's plan, purposes and ways are taught in this precious book. There will be a revival of the Word of God!
I recently posted these two paragraphs as my first decree in 7 Declarations for 5776 & Beyond! So the voice of the Lord continues to speak to each of us – "My Word is Alive and Active!"
Two Verses ALL the Prophets Pray!
As I interacted with these friends of mine, I found that we all highly esteem and love the Word of God. When I shared each of these verses with the others, I was delighted to find that they all exclaimed, "Oh yes, and that one too!" What fun!
In our dialogue, two verses seemed to emerge that we all prayed. The first, of course, is the Lord's Model Prayer that Jesus taught His disciples to pray. So let's close out by rehearsing these two glorious Scripture based prayers.
Matthew 6:9-13 – "Pray, then, in this way: 'Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. [For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.]'"
The second one that everyone agreed on was the amazing statement from Isaiah concerning a last days invasion of God's glorious presence.
Isaiah 60:1-3 – "Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you. For behold, darkness will cover the earth and deep darkness the peoples; but the LORD will rise upon you and His glory will appear upon you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising."
Let's take some simple lessons from these tried and tested leaders and pray the Word of God. Do you want to pray in accordance with the will of God? Then pray His Word. I have seven prophetic friends of God who do. How about you?
For the original article, visit prayerstorm.com.
Dr. James W. Goll is the founder of God Encounters Ministries, an award-winning author and communications trainer and has ministered in over 50 nations. For information on his webinars and online classes, visit godencounters.com. James continues to live in Tennessee and is a joyful father and grandfather today.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!