Biblical Basis for the Voice of the Lord:
God still speaks today! Are you listening? What are you hearing?
While we agree that the canon of Scripture is closed, we believe that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. What He did before He continues to do. One of these ongoing activities is that of "communication." The Holy Spirit wants to speak to each of us personally.
Man lives by the ever-proceeding word of the Lord. Take a look at this Old Testament verse quoted by Jesus in the New Testament.
Deuteronomy 8:3 states, "He humbled you and let you suffer hunger, and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man does not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of the Lord."
Matthew 4:4 states, "But He (Jesus) answered, 'It is written, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God."'"
With this in mind, let take a look at seven decrees I sense the Holy Spirit is asking us to align with in this New Hebrew Year and Beyond.
7 Decrees for 5776 and Beyond!
1. My Word is alive and active. This phrase of course comes from Hebrews 4:12. But recently I had a visitation where the "glory of the Lord" appeared in my living room from floor to ceiling as a cylinder of His presence, and amber colors swirled around. A DNA ladder appeared in its midst as the entire element was rotating. Then a voice came from the pillar and stated, "My Word is alive and active!" I heard it over and over, again and again.
There is life in the Bible. It is the only book that when you read it—it reads you! Meditate on the Word. Love the Scriptures. God's plan, purposes and ways are taught in this precious book.There will be a revival of the Word of God!
2. It is a time of apostolic motion. We have entered into the second apostolic age of the church. We are living the "Convergence of the Ages" and the "Days of Acceleration." Bishop Bill Hamon of Christian International calls this period "The Day of the Saints."
It is now a time of apostolic motion. I did not say "apostolic succession." Batons of leadership and stewardship are being passed from one generation to another in this coming year. But it does require one generation to graduate to heaven for this occur as if often the past typical model. No! There are new things for these seasoned leaders graduate into and thus there is the necessity to empower the next generation to lead. It is truly a time of the joining of the generations.
3. The art of interpreting signs and wonders goes to a higher level. A spirit of fear has been cultivated by well-meaning leaders and many believers by misinterpreting and overevaluating the present "signs of the times." Thank God we are at least learning to read the signs and are no longer ignoring them! This is a step forward. But there is a wave of confusion that could come upon different sectors of the body of Christ as predicted, and thus expected, "economic melt downs" and other despairing reports are not occurring as stated. But God has a remedy!
Out of necessity and calling, a higher level of discernment and wisdom for properly interpreting the signs of the times will now increase. It is time to go higher like Joseph did (see Gen. 37:18-19 to 46:27-28). God will deliver us from misery Christianity and escapism into glorious eschatology.
4. It is the end of 500 years of the Great Reformation and the beginning of the Great Transformation. Historians usually date the start of the Protestant Reformation to the 1517 publication of Martin Luther's "95 Theses." Add 500 years to this and it is the year 2017. So as we turn the corner into the year 2016, it is the hinge of the close of a 500-year history of the Great Reformation. But a hinge on a door is for both opening and closing. We are turning the corner into the beginning of the Great Transformation of the church. The Fourth Wave of the Holy Spirit in modern church history has already begun.
5. The release of "divine intelligence" for hope solutions. I have also recently experienced a realm of what I understand to be called "divine intelligence." The lives of Joseph, Daniel and Solomon are scriptural examples of this for us. God gave them "divine insight" or "divine understanding" or one translation calls it "divine intelligence." This includes the gifts of the Holy Spirit but blends this with the New Testament understandings of "having the mind of Christ."
I believe it is a release of the seven attributes of the Spirit of God as recorded in Isaiah 11:1-3 and twice in the book of Revelation. It would be the Spirit of wisdom, understanding and counsel. Hope solutions are being released in this hour and in the coming years to bring heaven's solutions to difficult problems in the earth realm. It is time for hope solutions!
6. The beginning of a fresh move of the Holy Spirit among the "nomads" of the earth! While I was in worship, I was shown a vision of an unusual movement of the Holy Spirit that is beginning among nomads or the displaced peoples of the earth. I saw them on a pilgrimage, leaving everything behind as they are seeking refuge in the natural. But they will find their refuge in the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. Tens of thousands of Muslims will come to faith in Jesus as their one true God! Angels, healings, miracles and appearances of the Lord Jesus Himself will appear to these nomadic peoples scattered across the face of the earth.
Right after I had this open vision, it was confirmed in the news the next day that there are 57 million nomads wandering the face of the earth. God will be calling some to go and be like "Holy Spirit gypsies" among them; loving them, singing with them and praying for them. It is a new field ripe unto harvest!
7. It is the beginning of a great harvest. Yes, we are crossing the threshold unto a fresh release of laborers empowered by the Holy Spirit for such a time as this. Believers will be "sent ones" into the fields of the harvest.
Seer-prophet Bob Jones declared in 1983 that three signs would occur to let us know that the beginning of the great 1 billion-soul harvest had begun. Bob declared:
1. Abortion would be perfected by a pill. (No one thought Bob knew what he was talking about at the time. But for years now, we have had the "day-after" pill.)
2. The U.S. government and other governments of the world would embrace the gay agenda in their court systems. (This was confirmed by the recent U.S. Supreme ruling embracing same-sex marriage.);
3. Laborers in the rice fields of China would watch 24/7 worship on unplugged television sets on their wrists. (This is an obvious statement concerning smart watches and other similar inventions.)
While I do not rejoice in these signs coming to pass, I do move into redemptive interpretation and declare, "These are the beginning of the days of a great harvest!"
We see in part, know in part and speak in part. I trust these parts will be used to encourage you. Please note that these seven declarations need to be prayed into being, and birthed into their mature fulfillment. Will you join me in that task?
Dr. James Goll is the founder of Encounters Network, Prayer Storm and helps carry on the work of Compassion Acts. For information on his online school visit: geteschool.com. James continues to live in Tennessee and is a joyful father and grandfather today.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!