1. I heard about a new faith-based movie coming out this week. The Trump I Know is not a biography of Trump but rather a moving story about those who know Trump in ways we probably never will. The creative staff for the movie interviewed 31 people who know him best. If you'd like to hear my interview with the film's producers, you can access the podcast here.
2. I missed the news about the passing of Terry Law last month but heard the sad news from Dr. Berin Gilfillan as he paid tribute to Terry in our podcast about Legends. I knew Terry from my days of work at Oral Roberts University. I've listened to many of his teachings, most of them on cassette tape. I loved his depth. I worked with a group of students at ORU in a project to purchase tennis shoes for Terry's ministry in Iraq. The desert sands are tough on kids and their shoes. The students shipped a few thousand pairs of shoes to Terry's ministry and his mission. I'll miss Terry and his fire to share the Gospel.
3. I heard a new word used by Angela Donadio as a title for her book, Astounded. We have a shortage of words to describe how we feel about a move of the Lord. Whether it comes as a miracle or the simple nudge of His staff to let us know He is near, we often feel like words can't describe any experience with God. The word of choice for at least the past decade has been "awesome." The adjective wiggled its way into mainstream chatter to describe the mundane and the magnificent. The word even accented Christian choruses and worship lyrics. So, I maxed out at one jumping jack, to celebrate a fresh expression for the work of the Lord. Donadio's book is full of 52 devotionals that remind readers to savor everyday moments with an awareness of the astounding. Every moment with the Lord is intentional by design. She told my podcast audience to "keep your eyes peeled for a miracle." Journal the astounding moments of every day.
Need a new journal? I've been using the journal linked below for almost 2 years. The quality of the paper is perfect for my fountain pens—the ink doesn't bleed unless I get carried away with underlining. The journal has a soft cover and is 130 lined pages. It even has two ribbons for marking your place and a pocket in the back. The best news is you get 2 journals for 16 dollars. I am not compensated for your purchase.
4. I heard a verse from R.T. Kendall last week that is probably the best description of our collective experience during COVID-19. In Joshua 3:4, he cautioned, "You have not passed this way before." In Dr. Kendall's new book, titled We've Never Been This Way Before, we learned that our new normal will depend upon how we respond to the Lord during this pause. God knows where we have been and where we are going. Kendall warned my podcast audience that "our new normal is that nothing will be normal again."
5. I had a powerful telephone conversation with David Bryant about his ministry and book, Christ is Now. He shared from 2 Corinthians 1:17-22:
Do I make my plans in a worldly manner so that in the same breath I say both "Yes, yes" and "No, no"? But as surely as God is faithful, our message to you is not "Yes" and "No." ... That's because no matter how many promises God has made, they remain "Yes" to us in Christ. ... Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit – thus, guaranteeing what is to come.
In what way is the Lord asking you to say yes? Has the Holy Spirit asked you to "Come?"
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president of the multimedia group at Charisma Media and executive producer of the Charisma Podcast Network. His Charisma House book, Love Leads, shows that without love, you cannot be an effective leader. Download his Greenelines podcast at cpnshows.com
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.