Conversion is often measured in only one way ... did the lead convert to a sale?
I agree that a sale is the best measurement tool we have to establish ROI and it's the primary goal of our marketing efforts.
But we must be careful not to speed-date our prospects in hopes of rapid sales conversion.
I teach path marketing because I believe marketers should see their work as a series of steps which must taken to arrive at their goal. One conversion at a time. It can take a few minutes to convert or several months. But the entire path must be travelled if we expect the sale to produce a satisfied customer.
Consider this conversion:
- I read a great book and want my team to read it.
- I send an email on Monday morning and tell them about the book and explain how the book will help them in their job.
- On Tuesday, I notice no one on my team has opened the email.
- I send an "in case you missed it" email.
- On Wednesday, two people have opened the email, but no one clicked on the Amazon link to visit the purchase site.
- On Wednesday, I send my team an email with a few testimonials about the book. I select testimonials applicable to the needs of my team.
- On Thursday, 1/3 of my team has opened the email. One person clicked on the link. No one has bought the book.
- I send a note Thursday afternoon to inform the team that we will discuss the book at our next meeting.
The drip campaign is a tactic to advance our prospects to make a purchase.
As we nurture, we lead future customers through a process to:
- Know us
- Like us
- Trust us
- Try us
- Buy our product or service
- Buy again
- Refer us
Our marketing responsibility is to guide our prospects through this process. One conversion at a time.
Our strategy is firm. Convert our prospects along the path.
Our tactics will vary based on client needs.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president of the multimedia group at Charisma Media and executive producer of the Charisma Podcast Network. His Charisma House book, Love Leads, shows that without love, you cannot be an effective leader. Download his Greenelines podcast at cpnshows.com
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.