Happy birthday to my wife of 46 years. Thank you for always inspiring me to write. You serve like no other.
Unfortunately, marketers sometimes hear from customers, "My campaign didn't work." More often than not, we hear this claim when someone has big expectations at the launch of the campaign.
I recognize that few of us want to hear the phrase, "This will just take time." Most of our goals respond to the need for speed with a wide yawn. I can expect to lose weight with the latest fad diet, but if it isn't sustainable, change won't happen fast.
That's one of the problems with "big hat, no cattle" marketing cowboys. "We can drive those cattle to Wyoming, overnight!" FedEx doesn't ship cattle.
Marketing builds businesses, but rarely does it happen as fast as we plan. A few thoughts to ponder:
- Define what "it worked" means to you. Do you expect a campaign to work before you or your product has even nudged the "awareness meter"?
- Do you still believe revenue can be won with a push strategy? Telling and telling may have worked for a couple of decades, but pull marketing is much more effective today. Yes, it takes more time to draw the right target customer closer to you.
- The primary component of pull marketing employs an attraction model. Customers like to watch our work from the cheap seats. Our goal is to move them closer to us with drip communication. We build know, like, trust with consistent delivery of valued content. (Be clear about how you help people.). Think of your content as a product sample.
- Brands are built upon a strong foundation. The finish work happens after the structure is complete. Communicate your foundational message first. Pricing information is finish work. Value drives sustainability. Not pricing offers.
- Walk with gratitude in the process. Treat everyone better than they expect to be treated. Surprise your tribe with waves of thanks. Gratitude in business is a rare commodity.
Set a daily reminder to remind your audience about how you can help. It will work.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president of the multimedia group at Charisma Media and executive producer of the Charisma Podcast Network. His Charisma House book, Love Leads, shows that without love, you cannot be an effective leader. Download his Greenelines podcast at cpnshows.com
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.