Psalm 100:1-5 Every morning I try to have an hour with the Lord. Many people call this time their devotional time or their prayer time, and some call it their quiet time. My quiet time is not very quiet.
During my quiet time I am doing every thing listed in this psalm. This psalm tells us how to enter into God's presence, and it is interesting to see the sequence of steps. They are as follows:
1. Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. The call to worship was the shofar, which was blown loudly several times.
2. Serve the Lord with gladness. We need to approach the Lord with a servant attitude by offering ourselves to our Master to do His service.
3. Know you that the Lord He is God. We cannot know the Lord apart from His Word. A portion of our quiet time needs to be spent in God's Word.
4. Acknowledge that you belong to God. We are the sheep of His pasture. We did not make ourselves. We all have our agenda for the day, but we must recognize who is our main boss. Without the Lord we can do nothing. He created us to glorify Him on earth, not to do our own thing.
5. Enter His gates with thanksgiving. We need to be grateful and thankful. The Jesus attitude is one of gratitude. I thank Him for many things in the morning. Grace abounds to us through thanksgiving.
6. Enter into His courts with praise. Praise is the next step into His courts. When we praise the Lord we are not just thanking Him for what He has done for us. We are praising Him for who He is.
7. Bless His name. I try to review the names of God like Jehovah Shalom (the Lord my peace), and Jehovah Jireh (the Lord my provider). I'm thankful His name is higher than any name named on this earth.
8. Think of His character. I review His name and His character. He is good, and His truth endures to all generations.
I usually am up with the sunrise, and I always notice how the birds are singing very loudly as the sun comes up. They are praising God, and I am so privileged to be able to join their serenade of praise. Make a joyful noise this morning to the Lord, praise and bless His holy name, and give thanks to Him. He is worthy.
READ: Judges 9:22-10:18; Luke 24:13-53; Psalm 100:1-5; Proverbs 14:11-12
Best Magazine Deal. Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Charisma, SpiritLed Woman and Ministry Today, all for $24. YES - I want this deal!
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Click Here to draw closer to God!