The idea of boosting your immunity is enticing for several reasons. The immune system is precisely that—a system, not a single entity. To function well, it requires balance and harmony.
There is still much that researchers don't know about the intricacies and interconnectedness of the immune response. For now, there are no scientifically proven direct links between lifestyle and enhanced immune function.
However, here are some lifestyle changes you can make to help make things better:
1. Cleanse your colon. 70 percent of the cells that make up the body's immune system are found in the wall of the gut.
2. Oregano oil helps kill some of bad bacteria that may be dominating your digestive system. Take 200 mg three times a day.
3. Japanese mushrooms—enoki, shitake or oyster – are a great immune booster. They are loaded with ergothioneine, a powerful antioxidant, that does not get destroyed during the cooking process.
5. Fresh ginger. Include plenty of ginger in your juices and cooking. Ginger is a great source of zinc—a very important nutrient for the immune system.
6. Cleanse and support your liver. The liver functions as an organ of the immune system through the Kupffer cells that line the sinusoids. Kupffer cells play an important role by capturing and digesting bacteria, fungi, parasites, worn-out blood cells, and cellular debris. This is why it is very important to do periodic liver cleansing along with liver support.
7. Juice everyday to get a variety of nutrients. Dark green, orange, red, and purple vegetables are rich in antioxidants.
8. Take extra vitamin C to support your immune system.
9. Don't eat sweets including orange juice. Sugar of all types depresses the immune system.
10. Get the amount of sleep your body needs. Powerful healing hormones are released when you sleep deeply.
Cherie Calbom, M.S., C.N., is the author of 24 books, including The Juice Lady's Remedies for Allergies and Asthma, The Juice Lady's Remedies for Stress and Adrenal Fatigue, The Juice Lady's Big Book of Juices and Green Smoothies and Juicing, Fasting and Detoxing for Life. She has devoted her life to teaching people how to care for their bodies so they might complete their destiny. For more information, visit her at juiceladycherie.com.
For the original article, visit juiceladycherie.com.