Most everyone wants to feel loved. People desire to feel accepted.
The world is full of negativity with hurtful words being spoken daily. How can we impact and make a difference? How can we be love in this world?
As a prophetic people, we are called to be speaking edification, exhortation and comfort into a person's life. We should be looking for opportunities daily to speak life and the love of Jesus into others. People are hesitant to go out and do mall evangelism or speak compliments into a person's life, because they don't know the words to say.
I want to give you a few simple tips on how you can share God's love with a lost and hurting world.
- While out in retail places, address your cashier or waitress by name. Give them a compliment.
- When you see someone whose smile lights up the room, tell them. You can say, "Your smile lights up the room." You can even proceed by asking them, "Is that the joy of the Lord on your face?" to open up a conversation about Jesus.
- Pray for divine encounters or who to approach, and then upon approaching them you could say, "I was just praying for God to highlight someone to me that needed to know His love or receive encouragement, and God highlighted you."
- When you see someone offering another person assistance, go up and thank them. Say, "I noticed you were assisting this person and I want to personally thank you for that." My team thanks attendants in stores who are sweeping the floors or straightening the clothes to make our shopping experience nicer.
- Go out of your way to be extra-friendly and nice; you never know where the conversation will lead.
- Search for opportunities to do random acts of kindness.
- Allow people to go in front of you through a door or in line.
- Think about conversation starters and be ready when God puts an opportunity in front of you.
- Put your phone away when in elevators, cashier lines and places there are people. You could be missing a very valuable opportunity to be love and share Jesus. Ask them a simple question, give them a compliment or start a light conversation. Create an opening to be love, to be nice and hopefully to lift their mood.
It's easy to be love! It's about extending ourselves and creating an atmosphere for another person to feel loved. There are so many ways you can extend love, be love, be nice and be more. In a world that is full of busyness and selfishness, how can you take a little extra time to be love?
Kathy DeGraw is the founder of DeGraw Ministries a prophetic deliverance ministry releasing the love and power of God, igniting people in the prophetic and releasing people from emotional bondage. She's passionate about teaching people the power of prayer through declaring. Kathy is the author of Spiritual Warfare Declarations, A Worship Woven Life, Time to Set the Captives Free, and Flesh, Satan or God. Connect with Kathy at www.degrawministries.org.