I intercede in the Holy Spirit almost every night on the flat rooftop of our house in Guatemala. Last night, I had a mighty encounter with Him. He came to me twice in an amazing power of light that was so bright, full of fire, almost blinding.
I had to close my eyes and bow my head. (This was not a demonic force. I was worshipping Jesus on my knees, praying in the Holy Spirit, declaring His faithfulness to His Word, and inviting Him to come in His fullness.) The first time it came from a distance right to me.
It was so powerful it unnerved me at first. The second time it was right on the rooftop near me and came right upon me. I share this because we have entered into a new season of God's power and as we walk through these last days we must encounter the power of His fullness.
5 Steps to Have an Encounter With the Spirit
1. Read, study and live His Word. "This Book of the Law must not depart from your mouth. Meditate on it day and night so that you may act carefully according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way successful, and you will be wise" (Josh. 1:8).
2. Worship the Lord in Spirit and in truth. "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth" (John 4:24).
3. Pray in tongues. "For he who speaks in an unknown tongue does not speak to men, but to God. For no one understands him, although in the spirit, he speaks mysteries" (1 Cor. 14:2).
4. Declare the Word of God over ourselves as we pray. "For the word of God is alive, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Heb. 4:12).
5. Invite and wait for Him to come to us in His fullness. "When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like a mighty rushing wind came from heaven, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. There appeared to them tongues as of fire, being distributed and resting on each of them, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues, as the Spirit enabled them to speak" (Acts 2:1-4).
Becky Dvorak, a healing minister, is a Destiny Image author.