Are you spiritually ready for the return of Jesus Christ? Here is a list of three things that you must put in order before that glorious day when the trumpet sounds and we are called to meet Him in the air.
There is only one way to the Father in heaven, and it is not by being a member of a congregation or by attending a local Christian place of worship. Neither is it by good works, but through the redemptive blood of Jesus Christ for salvation.
- Jesus answers Nicodemus, a religious Pharisees, and a ruler of the Jews, "Jesus answered him, 'Truly, truly I say to you, unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God'" (John 3:3).
- John writes to clarify that salvation is for whoever will believe. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved" (John 3:16-17).
- The Bible gives clear instructions on how to be saved. "... that if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved, for with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" (Rom. 10:9-10).
With the imminent return of Christ, it is of utmost importance that we activate the power of forgiveness.
- Isaiah personally admonishes us to not procrastinate, but to seek the Lord and His forgiveness now. "Seek the Lord while He may be found, call you upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him, and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon" (Is. 55:6-7).
- In the book of Matthew, we receive strong warning about the consequences of unforgiveness. "But if you do not forgive men for their sins, neither will your Father forgive your sins" (Matt. 6:15).
No matter what society does, we are to examine our hearts and be rid of sin issues.
"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor. 6: 9-10).
These are the basics to spiritually prepare for the blessed day of our hope in Jesus Christ.